Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training Peaks Training Plan Recommendation for IMFL?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for some Training Peaks Ironman training plan recommendations from anyone who has used a particular plan or coach and really liked it. I'm doing Ironman Florida November 6, so I'm 32 weeks out and I want to start now. I'm trying to go near or below 11 hours and I want to train aggressively. A lot of volume is ok. This will be my sixth IM and I have a PR of 11:21. I've done a lot of base running and cycling over the winter. I train by watts on the bike and pace on the run. I like using Training Peaks because it tracks my stats and fitness levels through my Garmin. p.s. I'm 58, if that makes a difference.

(I did use the TP filter of course, but I just want to get some others' opinions and input.)

Any thoughts? Thanks all!!
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Training Plan Recommendation for IMFL? [Gville] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im currently using a D3 plan for Eagleman. I have been very impressed thus far. I also did one of their Covid off season kind of plans in the fall leading up to this plan.

I am power based on the bike and Pace on the run as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Training Plan Recommendation for IMFL? [klorene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klorene wrote:
Im currently using a D3 plan for Eagleman. I have been very impressed thus far. I also did one of their Covid off season kind of plans in the fall leading up to this plan.

I am power based on the bike and Pace on the run as well.

Thanks. They're a little bit pricey, but I'll check them out.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Training Plan Recommendation for IMFL? [Gville] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depending on your goal, I have my Podium Plan available, (striving to reach the podium), but it is not available at TrainingPeaks. It is available for free at Today's Plan, with a premium account. Message me if you're interested.

Jim Vance
http://TodaysPlan.com.au (Disclosure: I am contracted with Today's Plan)
http://www.CoachVance.com/
Twitter @jimvance
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks Training Plan Recommendation for IMFL? [JimVance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am using Jim’s 70.3 plan on today’s plan. I think it is a very good program and comes free with a paid today’s plan. So for basically the same price you pay for training peaks premium you can get today’s plan and the training plans. Took a little to get use to Today’s Plan but I like it just as much as training peaks. I still have all my workouts go to the free training peaks in case I want to switch back, but don’t see that any time soon.
Quote Reply