Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel (with pics) - vote vote vote! [jackie11111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a black and white yin/yang design once. I always wanted to do this, however:

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel (with pics) - vote vote vote! [jackie11111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a disc on the way and was thinking about doing some sort of design. How do you go about doing this? Is there a business out there that has a bunch of designs available or would do a custom one?
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel (with pics) - vote vote vote! [jeffa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffa wrote:
I have a disc on the way and was thinking about doing some sort of design. How do you go about doing this? Is there a business out there that has a bunch of designs available or would do a custom one?
That's my question as well. I've done some searches for custom bike wheel decals/stickers, but always end up giving up, when the places are in other countries, and have lack of choices, vague ordering criteria, and mixed to bad reviews. I could go to Hobby Lobby and buy stick on letters, just as easy, and probably cheaper. I think there might be a nice niche here, for someone with a vinyl design machine, and some knowledge of bike wheels.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel (with pics) - vote vote vote! [Dean T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used Ritchie Caiazza (I've probably spelled his last name wrong) at bicyclemakeover.com for some custom designs for my p5x, including a disc wheel. He and I talked about some ideas, he drew some prototype sketches, we iterated on one of those, and I sent him the bike (in my case, he did the whole bike + wheels) to print and apply the design as a vinyl wrap.
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel (with pics) - vote vote vote! [Dean T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found this place, but haven't contacted them yet....

http://www.carbonwheeldecals.com/site/

Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel (with pics) - vote vote vote! [jeffa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffa wrote:
I found this place, but haven't contacted them yet....

http://www.carbonwheeldecals.com/site/

i must say, the examples/gallery on their site are fairly uninspiring.

Anyway, most of the mockups are of decals I could actually find premade online - but yeah, some would definitely come out better if you went to a pro instead of trying to stencil or peel & stick stuff at home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really wanted to do the imperial logo on my disc cover a few years back but couldn't find a way to do it as cheap as I hoped. Never happened unfortunately. I feel like there's got to be a market for this that isn't really tapped in to.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel (with pics) - vote vote vote! [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
I really wanted to do the imperial logo on my disc cover a few years back but couldn't find a way to do it as cheap as I hoped. Never happened unfortunately. I feel like there's got to be a market for this that isn't really tapped in to.

This frameset is now hanging in the shed, but I think the Imperial logo would look good on my white Tempor helmet.

Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel (with pics) - vote vote vote! [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a storm trooper sticker for my white/black Trek SC. I need to put that on and post a pic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:

Not sure what you consider cheap, but bicyclemakeover is fairly reasonably-priced in my opinion, especially if you get on holiday sale.
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel (with pics) - vote vote vote! [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That site was mentioned earlier. Will they do just a wheel?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jeffa wrote:
That site was mentioned earlier. Will they do just a wheel?

Yes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Sci fi and time the best.

Here is a pic of my disc with a new vinyl design added this week.

https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=ma2su00adlwt

Post a pic when you are finished, please.

Scott

I have deceptive speed.........I'm slower than I look!
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel (with pics) - vote vote vote! [Skoalz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skoalz wrote:

Here is a pic of my disc with a new vinyl design added this week.

https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=ma2su00adlwt

FUCKIN SICK - love the biohazard design plus you still get the Renn logo

I really wanted to wrap my disc in a carbon fiber-look vinyl after spending so much time Bondo-ing the thing smooth, but unfortunately my vinyl skills stink (I tried twice, failed twice, and CF vinyl isn't exactly cheap). So flat-black it is, for now.
Last edited by: jackie11111: Mar 28, 21 10:32
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel (with pics) - vote vote vote! [Skoalz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

OP back again, to show off the results!

I went with different types of carbon wrap and sheens of paint, to gave it a paneled look.

It actually came out kinda awesome if you ask me:

AFTER:

and a closeup:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't get me wrong. That's a fine, sharp-looking disc.

But damn, I was hoping for something way over the top instead of the understated design.
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel (with pics) - vote vote vote! [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need a decal on the back of the seatpost that says "You shall not pass."

_______________________________________________________________________________________
klehner
Mar 23, 21 9:06
Post #26 of 40 (356 views)
I did a black and white yin/yang design once. I always wanted to do this, however:

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: Apr 8, 21 16:53
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel (with pics) - vote vote vote! [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
You need a decal on the back of the seatpost that says "You shall not pass."

_______________________________________________________________________________________
klehner
Mar 23, 21 9:06
Post #26 of 40 (356 views)

A truly awesome response!

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks great! Nice work!

I have deceptive speed.........I'm slower than I look!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
May I ask where can one purchase such stickers?
Quote Reply
Re: Graphics/Decal Ideas for Disc Wheel (with pics) - vote vote vote! [cmunozh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to know as well. I tried finding something like this a few years ago and came up empty.
Quote Reply

Prev Next