Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BMC TimeMachine ONE - thoughts?
Quote | Reply
I've been looking for a tri bike that I can get fit locally, and is in stock for this season. I wanted to stay under 5k and try and find something with electronic shifting. It comes with a carbon wheelset, but not disc brakes.

Anyone have any thoughts on this one? Any reason to avoid, or look to something else at this price point?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TimeMachine ONE - thoughts? [epg0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I had 5k and was buying new, I would do the following:

1. Find the best fitter in the area and get fit numbers and bike recommendations from the fitter.
2. Pick a bike on the list.
3. Have the fitter set you up on that bike based on your first fit with them.
4. Enjoy my new fast bike.

I would bet a direct consumer bike for 5k is going to buy you the most bike for the money.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the timemachine and use it mainly for TT's. Fit is very important, but this bike has lots of adjustability. I think 5k is a great price for that bike! Which handlebar does it come with, the V- or flat cockpit?
My experience is that it is a great race bike. The frame is stiff, so great power transfer at the bottom bracket. I have tried quite a few tri bikes that had very flexible bottom brackets. For some frames with low clearance, this is problematic as you end up with wheel rub on the frame.
The 'levered' braking system on this bike is a smart idea and works quite well. I am very happy with this bike after 3 years on it and have no interest in switching it for anything else on the market currently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

No experience with them but they are eye candy.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TimeMachine ONE - thoughts? [rowleycd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rowleycd wrote:
I have the timemachine and use it mainly for TT's. Fit is very important, but this bike has lots of adjustability. I think 5k is a great price for that bike! Which handlebar does it come with, the V- or flat cockpit?
My experience is that it is a great race bike. The frame is stiff, so great power transfer at the bottom bracket. I have tried quite a few tri bikes that had very flexible bottom brackets. For some frames with low clearance, this is problematic as you end up with wheel rub on the frame.
The 'levered' braking system on this bike is a smart idea and works quite well. I am very happy with this bike after 3 years on it and have no interest in switching it for anything else on the market currently.

Thanks for the reply. It comes with: Profile WING 10a Basebar / Sonic Ergo 35A Aerobar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a different timemachine with a standard front end and brakes, like the old TM02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am still riding and racing my 2012 TM01 although by now the only original part is the frame!
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TimeMachine ONE - thoughts? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was the model I was looking at:

https://www.bmc-switzerland.com/...ne.html?currency=usd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn’t spend 5k on something with rim brakes, an exposed front brake and cable, and a sloppy front end like that. At that point pick up an new old stock cervelo p2 for like 2500
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TimeMachine ONE - thoughts? [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you seen this bike with with tririg brake, bar, and delta cover? With that, it looks like a proper superbike. But I agree $5k is tough to justify for a bike with basic cockpit.
Quote Reply