Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Washington 70.3
Quote | Reply
This a new 70.3, I believe to replace the Couer d'Alene 70.3 that has become a full IM. Anyone signed up for this one? Any local intel to share? Thoughts, concerns?
Quote Reply
Re: Washington 70.3 [KaliTom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still only see it as a 70.3 September 19th
Quote Reply
Re: Washington 70.3 [dhpflyn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dhpflyn wrote:
I still only see it as a 70.3 September 19th

I’m sorry I obviously read wrong. Thought you meant they changed the WA race to a full.

I grew up in that area and am curious where people will be staying etc.. Not a lot in that area
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Race is sold out.

That lake is tiny. Expect warm water in mid September.

Bike will be rolling. Don't know about the run.

There are no places to stay anywhere there. Maple Valley is not really Seattle. Just like Lake Stevens wasn't. IDK how they pick these locations. Getting there is super awkward too. There's nothing on hwy 18. So it's a roundabout detour getting to the race from anywhere with any decent hotel capacity.
Quote Reply
Re: Washington 70.3 [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. All good stuff to know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KaliTom wrote:
This a new 70.3, I believe to replace the Couer d'Alene 70.3 that has become a full IM. Anyone signed up for this one? Any local intel to share? Thoughts, concerns?

WA 70.3 did not replace CdA 70.3. WA is a new race (replaced Lake Stevens and Black Diamond (non-MDot race) if you really want to think of it as "replacing something." CdA 70.3 is not going away, it simply has a new rhythm of being a full every 3 years which really helps keep things mixed up a bit.