Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 5 BC races cancelled [_canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
_canadian wrote:
Triathletetoth wrote:

But how is that week allowed and a triathlon isn't. You can change the rules of the race and pre race and transition.

For the most part, your week is different because your activities are (should be) confined to your community. Triathlon, as you stated in an earlier post, is an "event" that would bring people together from hundreds of different communities.

I think you and I can agree that the argument could be made that a triathlon or any time-trial style of race, could be made safe because for the most part, athletes are staggered and rarely find themselves in bunches or groups. Other congregation points (package pickup, award ceremonies, etc) can also be spread out to limit contact points with other athletes, spectators and volenteers. But how does a policy maker or politician give the green light to one non-essential event and not the others (a music festival for example)?

Look, I want to participate as much as anyone posting on here. I am registered for the Victoria Half in July and IMC in August. If Dynamic was holding races, I would have entered Westwood and Elk Lake too.

Am I surprised by Dynamic's decision to cancel 2021? Not really; their model probably works best for them by holding all 5 races versus just one or two.

So my week is confined to my community, yes. BUT right now you can go to any community you want with no restrictions, if you think the people are the highway are going work and not from the valley to Okanogan skiing or whistler. You are mistaking. you can fly all over Canada right now.

Also cultus lake will take in anyone that books into the area this weekend. You can come from the island and rent a VRBO right now.

I am not talking about dynamic events. as they are their own business and we have no idea what they have to deal with or their financial. this is just a basic you can do what ever you want but you can't get a government permit??

Oct 31 st we had a 300 person running event with a TT style start and 50 people per hour. I did it and it was like a normal run on the river dike.

Right now on a sunny weekend day I run by over 200 people in the first 3 km on the dike.
No one is wearing a mask and know one feels any danger. I pass less people and are further apart in every triathlon I have done. parks are full, dog park, parking lot.

In that city area there are two food trucks serving, picnic tables, likely at times over 600 people within the park, river, parking lot, dog park. you can also drink alcohol there now as well???

My point is again triathlon, running , cycling, and hiking. are as social distanced as it gets. football, basketball, hockey, parkour, etc etc... are not but you can do those things.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply

Prev Next