Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Different Shoes for 80/20 running?
Quote | Reply
Debating buying a pair of max cushioned shoes for easy runs, but, I hear that you should always consult slowtwich before making any gear decisions.

Do you all rotate shoes for easy runs vs tempos/intervals or just rock the same pair all the time?

Some context, my zone 2 pace is 7:10-7:30 and my zone 4 is 5:50-5:30ish. I run maybe 20ish miles a week when actually “run training”. I am trying to increase that total time this summer without breaking something.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Different Shoes for 80/20 running? [Jkgoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
having multiple pair of shoes reduces your injury risk.
you can go to pubmed to find this, Fuller or Hughes would be a good place to start, can't remember which, sorry.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Different Shoes for 80/20 running? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this the study you are referring to?

Strava
Last edited by: Jkgoff: Mar 19, 21 13:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grab a few pairs...
I rotate about 5 or 6 pairs...dedicated for treadmill, trail shoes, long runs, speed work, and general running.

For long runs on weekends that are 18+ I really like the cushion and support since I run b2b long runs.

Also would get a shoe dryer..cheap and really help with smell and drying during hot summer runs. Got mine for 20 on Amazon
Quote Reply
Re: Different Shoes for 80/20 running? [Vegaskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“Hey Mrs. Jkgoff, let me go blow that whole stimulus check on running shoes”

I wonder if I can pitch the idea as costing less in the long run due to the wear and tear being spread out over multiple shoes.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run about the same paces as you (not that I think it matters), and I love having a tempo shoe. Despite hokas not working as my training shoe, I find their racers perfect tempo shoes. The rest of my miles are in my stability shoes. Having a faster pair of shoes for speed work is a nice little mental boost as well, I feel like I get more from myself out of those workouts with fast shoes on!

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jkgoff wrote:
“Hey Mrs. Jkgoff, let me go blow that whole stimulus check on running shoes”

I wonder if I can pitch the idea as costing less in the long run due to the wear and tear being spread out over multiple shoes.

I grab most on clearance from online retailers, last year models.

Almost always run in brooks and can find some for 79 or even less. If you find a good deal buy a few pairs.

Also Academy has some amazing deals if you time it right. Got 2 pairs of Ghosts for 35 each..

No need to buy all at once..grab a few and then add to the collection when you find a deal
Quote Reply