Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

leg compression machine ?
Quote | Reply
Do leg compression units really make a difference ?
Are they truly worth between 500 and 1200 dollars ?
Can you describe the difference of using a unit vs not using ?
do they really make life that much better for recovery ?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: leg compression machine ? [joet471] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say yes, yes and yes. I have used the normal compression leggings or the popular Compressport quad or calf sleeves, as well as some other companies. I should say that none of them are a sponsor and that compression results can be very individual. I bought some compression boots last year based on some recommendations from some friends and I love them. The pressure from the normal sleeves are 40 and the boots I have go up to 240 (or there about) and the feeling is completely different and I can certainly notice the difference most during heavy training periods. I usually use the default 30 minute cycle and add compression when needed. The compression is so heavy that when I tried it in the store, she warned me that I would feel like my legs were being ripped off (she had it on max and she had to turn it down 4-5 levels before I could tolerate it). Let me know if you have more specific questions but I hope this gives you a general overview of my thoughts on them. I tend to see even better results when I have run a lot but running creates much more wear and tear on my legs and body than biking.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ive previously owned the more budget friendly air relax machine and now own a normatec unit. they do work, but they are not miracle workers. do they actually flush your legs of chemicals that build up that cause fatigue and soreness? maybe. i akin what these units do to a progressive massage up and down your legs.

i work in a remote work location, i do not have a unit with me there. when im home using my normatec for 20 min in the morning prior to workouts and 20 or so min in the evenings before bed i do have a perceived lower fatigue feeling in my legs overall. again, its not a miracle worker and using them do not make me feel like superman, but it does take some of the edge off the fatigue. plus while youre using them they just feel really nice.

depending on what youre willing to spend dictates what you would purchase, but imho the air relax does just a fine job as the fancy pants normatec with the digital touchscreen display. i will say that the normatec unit having a built in battery and not always having to be plugged up to the wall is a very nice feature i didnt think i would ever really care about.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Normatec make a fantastic product, and their service is even better. If you train multiple times/day the boots enable you to have a quality second session. Legs are fresher and training is more enjoyable. Increase your load and ultimately you race faster. In the overall scheme of things you are making an investment in yourself. If you and your performance are worth it, then buy a set. The ownership experience will exceed your expectations.
Quote Reply
Re: leg compression machine ? [irondave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sharing my Hyperice/Normatec experience (recommend against them for customer service):

Bought in 9/2018 after buying into the marketing, I knew what I was doing when I bought them. In my experience, I would recommend against Normatec/Hyperice based on the price and pretty disappointing customer service given that I paid just under $1400 for the system.

A Boot conveniently stopped filling with air in about Feb of 2021. I use this system maybe 2x per month before bed, just because it lives under my bed and I paid this hefty price for it. I train about 14 hours/week on average with a lot of "quality" work.. still can promise you that this is not a NEED and you're better off spending on training/racing equipment. In my personal experimentation, foam rolling has better prepped the damaged muscles for the next session 3x better than Normatec. With normatec you get a nice sensation immediately after getting out of the boots.. but that subsides are blood flow normalizes.

I am extremely disappointed with the lack of service / refusal to send me a new boot just because I am past their 2 year warranty... I would expect an exception from a company like this and for that reason highly discourage purchasing from them.

Max
Last edited by: maattss91: Mar 31, 21 7:57
Quote Reply