Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super excited the race is happening. And glad to see they’re requiring athletes to be vaccinated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm glad to see this!

I wish other IM events would require proof of vaccination (of course exceptions for those who legitimately can't get vaccinated for medical reasons). Maybe it will encourage a few more to get vaccinated.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triingtotrain wrote:
I'm glad to see this!

I wish other IM events would require proof of vaccination (of course exceptions for those who legitimately can't get vaccinated for medical reasons). Maybe it will encourage a few more to get vaccinated.
I agree!! Any incremental increase in the vaccine rates is a positive thing. Like a lot of sport teams, retail stores, etc that are offering incentives to get vaccinated, and help from IM and Lake Placid is a good thing.

Though I know a group of 20+ athletes that in any given year more than 50% does IMLP. Most are deferring ou of this year. Some (maybe) are anti-vaxx and deferring out, but several are backing out due to the pending logistical sh%t-show it seems it will be with all the changes (and assumingly constantly be changing up to race day) due to COVID protocols and construction and them wanting to race the iconic course with the Oval finish line
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SayHey Kid wrote:
Triingtotrain wrote:
I'm glad to see this!

I agree!! Any incremental increase in the vaccine rates is a positive thing. Like a lot of sport teams, retail stores, etc that are offering incentives to get vaccinated, and help from IM and Lake Placid is a good thing.

Though I know a group of 20+ athletes that in any given year more than 50% does IMLP. Most are deferring ou of this year. Some (maybe) are anti-vaxx and deferring out, but several are backing out due to the pending logistical sh%t-show it seems it will be with all the changes (and assumingly constantly be changing up to race day) due to COVID protocols and construction and them wanting to race the iconic course with the Oval finish line

This is the best possible year for those going for a kona slot!

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triingtotrain wrote:
SayHey Kid wrote:
Triingtotrain wrote:
I'm glad to see this!

Yea... I am bummed I am not in shape to go for it. Otherwise I would be all over this for a Kona slot.

Sadly I had to defer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triingtotrain wrote:

Just curious why you think that? I guess it will have 20% fewer participants than normal, so that might help, but the pointy end of the races that have happened so far has been awfully strong. Seems to me that a lot of people used extra time gained the last year to up their performance (many went the other way too, obviously). I was somewhat hopeful that they might announce extra slots given there have been few qualifying races, but since they haven't done something similar for IMCDA [yet] that's probably a pipe dream.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully the planned 20-30% reduction in field size will free up some lodging around LP.

I'm registered, but didn't want to commit to housing until there was some kind of green light like we have now. The market is tight.

So if anyone deferring happens to be cancelling a 2 bedroom AirBNB or similar near the venue ...
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it is time to change the thread title. We can flip from the doom and gloom from several months ago to "IMLP IS ON !!!!""
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I think it is time to change the thread title. We can flip from the doom and gloom from several months ago to "IMLP IS ON !!!!""

Done.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [westandrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not racing but we were able to book an AirBnB pretty close by last week.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
Triingtotrain wrote:

Just curious why you think that? I guess it will have 20% fewer participants than normal, so that might help, but the pointy end of the races that have happened so far has been awfully strong. Seems to me that a lot of people used extra time gained the last year to up their performance (many went the other way too, obviously). I was somewhat hopeful that they might announce extra slots given there have been few qualifying races, but since they haven't done something similar for IMCDA [yet] that's probably a pipe dream.

They did in fact add slots for IMLP, all the way to 150 as with IMCDA. So KQ is going to go pretty deep, on a reduced field size. I now agree with Triingtotrain.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet!!!!

Now I just need to get my second vaccine actually get into the race and get over the border and get in shape

....but anything is possible right???
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it too early to speculate on potential (imminent) course changes? First time to Placid for myself and while it is disappointing we won't get the traditional oval finish, I'm stoked to have the opportunity to do a long course.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [GreyGhost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreyGhost wrote:
Is it too early to speculate on potential (imminent) course changes? First time to Placid for myself and while it is disappointing we won't get the traditional oval finish, I'm stoked to have the opportunity to do a long course.

Transition and the finish will be about 3/4 of a mile away from where it normally is. Any course changes will be minimal in order to support moving to the other side of the lake, really. And the bike course normally would go right past that area (right after climbing the three bears and making the right onto Northwood Rd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
GreyGhost wrote:

Transition and the finish will be about 3/4 of a mile away from where it normally is. Any course changes will be minimal in order to support moving to the other side of the lake, really. And the bike course normally would go right past that area (right after climbing the three bears and making the right onto Northwood Rd

So swim will be ~1.5 loops of the regular course, then a line out to the far side of the lake? Do we know where the likely swim exit is going to be? I was just looking at Google street view and everything looked pretty private. Not having the oval is kind of a bummer, but honestly, other than the [likely] longer T1, this seems like NBD on the changes.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
g_lev wrote:
GreyGhost wrote:

So swim will be ~1.5 loops of the regular course, then a line out to the far side of the lake? Do we know where the likely swim exit is going to be? I was just looking at Google street view and everything looked pretty private. Not having the oval is kind of a bummer, but honestly, other than the [likely] longer T1, this seems like NBD on the changes.

That is my understanding, but I certainly could be wrong. I, also, do not know where the swim exit will be, and yea it looks like your run into T1 will be fairly long to get over to the school fields.

I'll be there tomorrow though. I figure at some point this weekend I'll take a closer look around and see where swim exit might be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on their virtual tour thing, this little boat launch area is owned by the Northwoods School, my guess is swim exit would be there. Doesn't appear to be a ton of space, but seems like it'll do. (edited to fix image file).

http://www.northwood360.com/

Since the bike already passes the school, I don't think there's going to much of a change there. Couple articles mention that the finish will still be on Main St. (across from the oval).
https://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/news/local-news/2021/05/ironman-lacrosse-to-reduce-capacity/
Based on that my guess is they'll extend the turn around on River Rd. a little bit to account for the fact that you would only do the Mirror Lake Dr. leg 3 times (assuming the turn-around is at transition).

This is all just me procrastinating and digging around the web, so absolutely not official, just my guesses.
Last edited by: FishOutofWater: May 28, 21 13:05
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [FishOutofWater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishOutofWater wrote:
Based on their virtual tour thing, this little boat launch area is owned by the Northwoods School, my guess is swim exit would be there. Doesn't appear to be a ton of space, but seems like it'll do. (edited to fix image file).

http://www.northwood360.com/

Since the bike already passes the school, I don't think there's going to much of a change there. Couple articles mention that the finish will still be on Main St. (across from the oval).
https://www.adirondackdailyenterprise.com/news/local-news/2021/05/ironman-lacrosse-to-reduce-capacity/
Based on that my guess is they'll extend the turn around on River Rd. a little bit to account for the fact that you would only do the Mirror Lake Dr. leg 3 times (assuming the turn-around is at transition).

This is all just me procrastinating and digging around the web, so absolutely not official, just my guesses.

Or shorten the turn around on River road on the run and do Mirror Lake 5x (once out leaving T2, out and back Mirror Lake ending Loop1, out and back on Mirror Lake on Loop2, finish at Oval).

Personally I would prefer your suggested 3x. I always hated coming up the hill by High Peaks and coming right by the finish line and then having to do Mirror Lake again. Your swim exit location makes sense. Its going to be a long line up for single swimmers anyway with rolling start and a reduced field due to only vax'd field plus likely no Canadians able to make the trip due to border still being shut

Best of luck to everyone racing. I did my first IMLP in 1999. Thomas Hellriegel lapped me as I was turning off run loop1 and he was finishing the Mirror Lake drive segment on run loop2 heading to the oval.

If I can get my second shot, and they open the border, and I can get in if they open up slots, and I can get in shape, (3 things outside my control one thing in control), would love to join you all. Never say never. This summer is also 30 years since my first Ironman in Penticton. So would be cool to do one, but looking unlikely. For everyone who can, go and enjoy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a few rumors of a figure 8 swim course flying around the internet. Should be a fun day!
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [GreyGhost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you mean two different size loops (a large loop and a small loop).

I just did the Rouvy IMLP 40km from Keene to Wilmington with the out and back. Man, I forgot how hard that is, but then again I am 22 years older than the first time I cruised thru with better legs and better cardio
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey who are you guys contacting about deferring out of LP this year? I didn't know if there's a specific email address you guys are using.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the races I deferred I just emailed the email address for that race. They usually responded in a day or two and provided a link to Active to do the deferral.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Hey who are you guys contacting about deferring out of LP this year? I didn't know if there's a specific email address you guys are using.

I just got an event preparation email today that had the link in it again to defer or to transfer to IM Maryland or IM Chattanooga by June 23 even though last week I was told it was too late to transfer to the other races.
I missed the original June 1st deadline and emailed LakePlacid@ironman.com to see if there was anything else I could do.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great [sonadortris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've not received any emails from Lake Placid about event preparation. WTF
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I've not received any emails from Lake Placid about event preparation. WTF

I know some people on Facebook mentioning they hadn't either. It's a glitch or something. If you email them, they will send it to you. In the meantime, this was it
"Dear ViewSPORT IRONMAN Lake Placid Athlete,
The ViewSPORT IRONMAN Lake Placid triathlon is quickly approaching and we are looking forward to seeing everyone next month!

When we last communicated to you, the Village of Lake Placid, the Town of North Elba and ROOST set forth new requirements for hosting events this summer, including the requirement to provide proof of vaccination in designated athlete-only areas in order to participate in the event.

Our team has been hard at work developing and refining event operational plans in a manner consistent with local community objectives and within these guidelines and recommendations set by public health entities as it relates to COVID-19 and will be in effect for all those engaging with the event such as athletes, officials, vendors, volunteers, media and staff.

To ensure that you have a smooth event experience, we have outlined the protocols and implementation plan as it relates to proof of vaccination in designated event venues to meet the requirements outlined by the Village of Lake Placid, Town of North Elba and ROOST.

• Athletes will have a designated entrance at the Horse Show Grounds and all athletes will have to show proof of being fully vaccinated before proceeding to athlete check-in area.

• Athletes will be required to show their designated valid Vaccination Record Card or a Digital Copy (photo of both sides of your card will be sufficient) with photo ID. Event Medical Staff will be at the entrance and will be visually checking cards for validation.

• 2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson [J&J]/Janssen)

• International athletes must show a valid country of origin Vaccination Record Card or Digital Copy of the card with a photo ID. By default, international individuals will be considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 2 weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series, or 2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine

• Once an athlete is validated as being fully vaccinated by the Event Medical Staff, that athlete will proceed to athlete check-in to receive their designated athlete wristband. The athlete wristband will identify that an athlete has being fully vaccinated and allow them to show their wristband to access the various designed Event Venues during event week. Face coverings will not be required for these individuals who have been validated as fully vaccinated.

• Any athlete that does not show proof of being fully vaccinated must show a valid exemption. If a valid exemption is not able to be presented, the athlete will be deemed unvaccinated/non-exempt and will not be able to enter event venues.

• Qualifying exemptions from showing proof of being fully vaccinated include:

• Age Exemption – Any individual that is 15 years of age or younger

• Medical Exemptions – Individuals that have a Medical Exemption from being fully vaccinated and MUST bring a copy of written documentation from their personal physician stating they are medically exempt from receiving the vaccine. Medical exemptions may include but are not limited to:

• Allergic reaction to available vaccines

• Recovery from COVID-19

• Underlying medical conditions preventing individual from receiving vaccine

• Additional medical exemptions as outlined by personal physician

• Individuals that have a medical exemption that is approved by the Event Medical Team during the entrance process will be:

• Presented with an additional designated colored wristband and must wear the wristband for the duration of the event.

• Required to wear a face covering at all times outside of competition while in the Event Venues. Post-race, athletes be supplied a face covering to wear.

• Please know that if any Athlete loses their wristband during the event week, they will need to repeat the validation process before receiving a replacement wristband. They will NOT be able to enter event venues until they have received a replacement wristband.
If at any time you don’t feel comfortable racing or will not be able to provide proof of vaccination or medical exemption, you can choose to defer your race entry to the 2022 IRONMAN Lake Placid and may do so all the way up to race week. However, we have also made a variety of options available to provide registrants flexibility. Additional race options include transferring to the 2021 Little Debbie IRONMAN Chattanooga presented by McKee A Family Bakery or 2021 SelectBlinds IRONMAN Maryland (limited availability). You can make your desired race selection via the link, here. Please note these options are for those who do not wish to race in Lake Placid in 2021 under any circumstance as the selection is final. Once you elect to transfer or defer you will not be eligible for additional options offered should the 2021 IRONMAN Lake Placid race be rescheduled at a later time. Please complete the link by Wednesday June 23, 2021 11:59 pm ET.

For assistance with this or for any additional questions, please reach out to lakeplacid@ironman.com.

In the meantime, please remember to review our event website, review the IRONMAN Return to Racing details and follow us on Facebook for race day updates.

We wish you all the best and look forward to seeing you at the start line in July!
Greg Borzilleri"

This is the link embedded to transfer.
https://endurancecui.active.com/new/events/75816433/select-race?mkt_tok=MTI0LVFWRy03MzgAAAF9kiTSIf5bMS__WhraWKDV0pgo1ABLvevwzZsNjunBuH0vXZ3P04NxuThSROMNlg3PSQkAy-gJLdt-jhmQDuOtUAE9hj0P7Kd9hsPoh-c6dP9m0npN&e4q=5120564e-8f13-4c34-bf6a-f3f9dc43494d&e4p=57e9f159-9f9b-4996-8994-8c9d769cef93&e4ts=1623330284&e4c=active&e4e=snawe00000000&e4rt=Safetynet&e4h=f7d82fbc9e7bfe2e47f4fa446e5200a5&_p=0964384268619527

Quote Reply

Prev Next