Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P3X
Quote | Reply
Any idea if this model is on the way out with Cervelo? I have seen in the forum that some people think its 'end of life' or production may be ended. Is that the case? The bike has really grown on me to be honest.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3X [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard from my LBS last week that it's on it's way out.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3X [jdevs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did the LBS say if there will be a replacement or its just dead?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently it's the P5?? I guess the design of the P3X didn't work or sell as well as they would have liked. But again, this is all from my bike shop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That wouldn't be a surprise actually.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing official yet though right? I also still like the bike but am a bit hesitant to pick one up. The deals available are tempting, but if the non-double diamond frame movement dies out the P3X will soon be a relic of the past. Then again, if in a couple of years I don't like the bike anymore I have a perfect reason to be a new one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cervelo still lists both the P3X, and the PX, on their site.
My understanding is that the PX simply has a folding handlebar whereas the P3X doesn't?
Maybe they are just getting rid of the P3X and keeping the PX?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That would be interesting. I love my P3X, although current injury status means I cannot enjoy it.
Personally, if I had the chance again I would go for the P5D over the P3X. More just in terms of long term ability to use across all race distances etc. I would feel a bit weird turning up to a local sprint with the P3X.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3X [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sent Cervelo a message asking them for some clarity on this.

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3X [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Cervelo still lists both the P3X, and the PX, on their site.
My understanding is that the PX simply has a folding handlebar whereas the P3X doesn't?
Maybe they are just getting rid of the P3X and keeping the PX?

No inside info, but I think this is the most likely situation... It's pointless having 2 different models (and extra SKUs) that are exactly the same other than the handlebar. I think Cervelo made a bit of a blunder with the naming of "P3X" when it was released, as it was really intended to be the update of the P5X, but "3" always connotated the mid-range models in Cervelo's stable, with "5" being the top model. I believe that is why they pretty quickly released the "PX" shortly after the P3X.

I think going forward we'll just have the P-series, P5 and PX-series in a simplified stable for Cervelo's Tri bikes models.
Quote Reply