Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Crack in fork P5-X - Anyone seen a similar thing?
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

My P5-X has been standing still during the Danish winter and the other day I by coincidence saw a crack in the fork 🥺

The bike has only been riding for one season. Never traveled with it or never crashed.

Have anyone seen a similar thing before on the p5x? I’m clueless on to how this has happened.

All the best and thanks.

Michael

Picture got rotated while uploaded 🙈
Last edited by: MichaelB88: Mar 17, 21 11:48
Quote Reply
Re: Crack in fork P5-X - Anyone seen a similar thing? [MichaelB88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not familiar with the frame but it looks like it 'might' be towards the cosmetic end of where the stem inserts into the frame? Either way looks really strange given its protected under the downtube. Perhaps just a very unluckly carbon layup that failed with time. I assume you've contacted Cervelo?

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: Crack in fork P5-X - Anyone seen a similar thing? [MichaelB88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MichaelB88 wrote:
Hi all,

My P5-X has been standing still during the Danish winter and the other day I by coincidence saw a crack in the fork 🥺

The bike has only been riding for one season. Never traveled with it or never crashed.

Have anyone seen a similar thing before on the p5x? I’m clueless on to how this has happened.

All the best and thanks.

Michael

Looks like it cracked when the steerer got turned too far to the left side and the back end of the fork hit the down tube?

That stop limiting the turning angle of the fork has been an ongoing concern with aero fork and head tube design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MichaelB88 wrote:
Hi all,

All the best and thanks.

Michael

As you live in CPH, I would go to A-hcykler at Istedgade, he is great with cervelo, and I have always got great advice there. Get his opinion.
Quote Reply