Login required to post replies

New Cannondale TT Rig
Quote | Reply
Just saw this... something new coming from Cannondale
Last edited by: TakeYourTime: Mar 17, 21 6:13
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale TT Rig [TakeYourTime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good catch, interested to hear more. i wish cannondale would just make up their minds with TT/tri bikes, they seem to just have to make one-offs because of the EF sponsorship. it's like they don't want to make these bikes, but they have to. they certainly want no part of making a dedicated tri bike so they're stuck making these high end TT bikes that probably very few people want to buy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting, but looks very similar to the Shiv TT but with a slightly different seat tube/top tube interaction and less space to the rear wheel. Make sense that most will look the same with UCI rules, but damn am I glad tri bikes aren't limited like that. Our sport is much more interesting the way it is.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

i wonder if there will be a rim brake version?
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale TT Rig [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The front end of the bike looks odd and I wonder if this is the configuration the bike is designed to be ridden in. I wouldn't be surprised if Cannondale intended the bike to be ridden with a different fork and/or cockpit but that is either not UCI compliant or more likely in incompatible with custom cockpits the pro riders want to use. The previous supersix used a funky proprietary cockpit so they may have gone that way again but also built a second fork that allows the use of other options. Along the same lines there may be a UCI-non compliant tri front end that would be a commercial offering for the TT market.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TakeYourTime wrote:
Just saw this... something new coming from Cannondale

I notice that there aren't any markings on the bike. Is it really a cannondale or another bike?
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale TT Rig [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that is a small systemsix road frame with a modified fork and seatpost.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale TT Rig [jn46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like that to me as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish they would make up their mind...I had loved the older slice models.

M.A.D. Multisports, NY (USA)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's not quite the same as a current systemsix so may be an update to the road bike.
What you're going to see from a number of manufacturers in the next couple of years is no dedicated TT bike - just a seatpost and TT bar set up for the aero road frame.
A common theme talking to brands has been that the aero road frame is so fast that there is no point developing a TT bike to sell a couple of hundred per year at best.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale TT Rig [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is actually cool. Would be nice to have a tt / road bike that is great at both with just a seatpost, cockpit, and maybe an angled headset that you rotate 180 degrees so change rake (i.e. WolfTooth). If you use hydraulic disconnects like Ku, it would be easy to switch between the two setups in 20 minutes. n-1 without much compromise. Some road bikes already have integrated storage, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The rear end looks very much like the System Six... but the front end is very different. Time will tell if/when it is revealed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Almost looks like an old Orbea Ordu M10i Team bike
Last edited by: bjgwoody: Mar 17, 21 18:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EF has quite a few riders using 48 and 51 cm bikes, so I wonder if they are using rebranded/unbranded bikes to fit guys like Huguita. I don’t see some of the hallmark design features, like the chine, so I have a hard time thinking that this is actually a Cannondale.
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale TT Rig [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Interesting, but looks very similar to the Shiv TT but with a slightly different seat tube/top tube interaction and less space to the rear wheel. Make sense that most will look the same with UCI rules, but damn am I glad tri bikes aren't limited like that. Our sport is much more interesting the way it is.

Yup... was thinking the same, looks like the Speed Concept and the new Plasma 6, but different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jn46 wrote:

X2. First thing I thought when I saw that is that it looks like a road bike with TT bars. I think you're right on the money.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale TT Rig [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
This is actually cool. Would be nice to have a tt / road bike that is great at both with just a seatpost, cockpit, and maybe an angled headset that you rotate 180 degrees so change rake (i.e. WolfTooth). If you use hydraulic disconnects like Ku, it would be easy to switch between the two setups in 20 minutes. n-1 without much compromise. Some road bikes already have integrated storage, too.

I think it can be pretty tough to take a road bike that fits you as a road bike, then put a forward seat post on it like that and have enough length on the frame without going to some crazy long stem to get your pads where you want them. Even this rider looks a little more crunched up than I think is optimal, with all the resources his team has available for him.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale TT Rig [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
jn46 wrote:

X2. First thing I thought when I saw that is that it looks like a road bike with TT bars. I think you're right on the money.

No.

https://www.velonews.com/...new-time-trial-bike/

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale TT Rig [philly1x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks man, for sharing that. Confirmed that it is a new frame.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale TT Rig [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
I think it can be pretty tough to take a road bike that fits you as a road bike, then put a forward seat post on it like that and have enough length on the frame without going to some crazy long stem to get your pads where you want them. Even this rider looks a little more crunched up than I think is optimal, with all the resources his team has available for him.

Good point. My TT bike has 30mm more reach and it's stretched as far as it can go. Could use another 10-20mm, too
Quote Reply
Re: New Cannondale TT Rig [philly1x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
philly1x wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
jn46 wrote:

No.

https://www.velonews.com/...new-time-trial-bike/

"A representative from Cannondale’s parent company would only confirm the bike exists, that he is not a cat, and would not offer additional details at this time."
Quote Reply