Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Puma "back" with running shoes
Quote | Reply
Hi ST,

I have tested and reviewed three pairs of Puma's new Nitro lineup (link to YouTube video review available in my signature).

Overall it's a good surprise, the new nitrogen-infused Nitro foam is the highlight of this lineup and it's a dynamic, lively, yet cushioned and pleasant midsole. Reminiscent of Boost in some way (former versions of the Boston were what I directly thought of when testing the Pumas).

Quick glance:
- Liberate ($110) is a racing flat (but frankly it can work perfectly as a trainer, especially at tempo-like paces), very light (212g in US11.5) and great lockdown.
- Velocity ($120) is an all-rounder with more stability and upper comfort. The Nitro foam is a bit firmer and it has an EVA insert in the heel for a more secure ride.
- Deviate ($150) is a carbon-plated shoe with a great stability (Hyperion Elite 2 style) and a dynamic ride. Not a racing shoe for me but a great trainer for longer runs, faster paces.

Prices are really fair for the quality compared to the market. One common outstanding feature across lineup is the outsole grip that is very good.

Hope this may help some of you!

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Last edited by: captainolek: Mar 15, 21 9:57
Quote Reply