Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DIY Bike Fit Critique (Road Bike + Clip-on Aerobars)
Quote | Reply
After completing a couple of Sprints last year, this year will be my second seson in the sport. I´m planning on competing in Sprint and Oly triathlons.

I’ve just installed, for the first time, a couple of clip-on aerobars to my road bike together with a fast forward seatpost. Once the bike shops reopen in my area, I would like to get a proper fit, but for the time being this is what I came up with. What do you guys think of my DIY bike fit? Any advice is welcome!
  • The arm-pads could be moved backwards or forward.
  • I could remove one more spacer to lower the handlebar.

(I know the geometry of this bike might not be the best for a triathlon)

I don’t yet have a feel for this position, but I’m feeling like I’m sliding forward, and I have to push myself backwards pushing the aerobars. I guess this is not normal... I´ve slightly rotate the saddle to alleviate the pressure. Would you recommend rotating the aerobars, so they are slightly pointing upwards?
Quote Reply
Re: DIY Bike Fit Critique (Road Bike + Clip-on Aerobars) [Roktar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, should your front wheel be on a riser block with that trainer? It just looks like the front wheel is significantly higher, it may be the camera angle also. Having the bike and image level will help.

My (amateur) eyeballs say your saddle is a little low. (also what saddle are you using? recommend a proper tri saddle if you don't have one, that will help you rotate forwards and relax onto the bars)

Yes I would angle the bars up to counteract the feeling of sliding forward.

You can probably go lower on the front end, maybe even longer. Don't be afraid to experiment with different stems.
Quote Reply
Re: DIY Bike Fit Critique (Road Bike + Clip-on Aerobars) [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattyK wrote:
First, should your front wheel be on a riser block with that trainer? It just looks like the front wheel is significantly higher, it may be the camera angle also. Having the bike and image level will help.

My (amateur) eyeballs say your saddle is a little low. (also what saddle are you using? recommend a proper tri saddle if you don't have one, that will help you rotate forwards and relax onto the bars)

Yes I would angle the bars up to counteract the feeling of sliding forward.

You can probably go lower on the front end, maybe even longer. Don't be afraid to experiment with different stems.

You are right, the front wheel is higher. I´ve never considered that. I was just using the riser since it came with the trainer, but maybe I don't need it... I'm using the default saddle that came with the bike, maybe I should be looking into other options.

Thanks for your comment, I’ll try the changes you've suggested.
Last edited by: Roktar: Mar 14, 21 15:51
Quote Reply