Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin Recommendation. 530/830/1030 Plus [nycbiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nycbiker wrote:
One thing I'm not loving about the 1030 and haven't been able to sort is the auto calibration on start of ride feature.
The option is there somewhere. I think it is in the profile options. I turned mine off a while ago. I may dig around later today if I have a minute...

Edit: Found it. It is in Settings | Sensors | your PM sensor | Sensor Details

Last edited by: exxxviii: Mar 16, 21 9:33
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Recommendation. 530/830/1030 Plus [nycbiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, I will consider the 1030 with the touch screen but am old and fear touch screen frustration while trying to do timed intervals or events, not to mention my eye sight!
Is the touch screen acceptable for these types of activities when you don't really have the time or hand access to swipe around.
Can you just set the screens and go and just hit start and stop for timing without menu swiping?

On a funny note, I zwift with my iphone and ipad and if I am not careful a drop of sweat on to my phone activates my race gimmick feather or aero boost when I don't need it yet.

Rob
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Recommendation. 530/830/1030 Plus [robmitchell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robmitchell wrote:
fear touch screen frustration while trying to do timed intervals or events, not to mention my eye sight!
Is the touch screen acceptable for these types of activities when you don't really have the time or hand access to swipe around.
Can you just set the screens and go and just hit start and stop for timing without menu swiping?
The touch screen is fantastic. You really only use it during a ride to swipe between screens. You still use the hard buttons for start, stop, and lap. Sweat and rain do not seem to bother the screen.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Recommendation. 530/830/1030 Plus [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Found it. It is in Settings | Sensors | your PM sensor | Sensor Details "

Thank you you exxxviii (!)

Would never have located that.
Quote Reply

Prev Next