Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Challenge Miami: why is official results almost impossible to find?
Quote | Reply
First: a big congratulations to Challenge for putting up this event and delivering. I payed for the broadcast, watched it, and thought it was good entertainment.

But: why on earth is it almost impossible to find the final, official results? With splits and everything? Finding official results for an event such as this should be possible simply by googling "results challenge miami 2021".

As of today I have still not found any official result list. Maybe my googling-skills are poor, but I think its surprising that Challenge puts up all the resources to host a great event such as this, but fails at such a fundamental thing as putting up the results somewhere. As an aside, I find the Challenge website to be not the most intuitive / informative (same goes for ironman.com, btw).

Great event, but as a wise man probably said once upon a time: you have to nail the basics. Now someone please roast me if Im wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami: why is official results almost impossible to find? [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami: why is official results almost impossible to find? [Nelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
still terrible. no splits unless I am missing something.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami: why is official results almost impossible to find? [Klaus Daimler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are. Everything is on sportstats...agreed there should be a link from challenge but it is there....

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami: why is official results almost impossible to find? [Klaus Daimler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Klaus Daimler wrote:
still terrible. no splits unless I am missing something.
Holy crap some of you are high maintenance.... :-)
Sportstats | Results
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The splits including transitions show up for me...not sure why they wouldn't for you??

This is a few clicks in from what I posted before:

https://www.sportstats.us/...ts&category=MPRO
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami: why is official results almost impossible to find? [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I said the same thing! Even google couldn’t find it...

Guess we all just need to memorize which timing company works with which organizers... (tho Sportstats isn’t that hard as they’re the main one)

Also interesting even Google couldn’t find it. I spent 5min then gave up. Thanks for posting!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad I wasn’t the only one who found it challenging to track down results

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami: why is official results almost impossible to find? [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
Glad I wasn’t the only one who found it challenging to track down results

I see what you did there

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami: why is official results almost impossible to find? [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you go to the challenge website and click live, the results show up
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami: why is official results almost impossible to find? [Nelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nelo wrote:
The splits including transitions show up for me...not sure why they wouldn't for you??

Apparently at least for me if I open the same link on my phone, no splits, no links to splits that I could find.

On my laptop, all splits show up immediately on the link, no extra clicking needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lovegoat wrote:
First: a big congratulations to Challenge for putting up this event and delivering. I payed for the broadcast, watched it, and thought it was good entertainment.

But: why on earth is it almost impossible to find the final, official results? With splits and everything? Finding official results for an event such as this should be possible simply by googling "results challenge miami 2021".

As of today I have still not found any official result list. Maybe my googling-skills are poor, but I think its surprising that Challenge puts up all the resources to host a great event such as this, but fails at such a fundamental thing as putting up the results somewhere. As an aside, I find the Challenge website to be not the most intuitive / informative (same goes for ironman.com, btw).

Great event, but as a wise man probably said once upon a time: you have to nail the basics. Now someone please roast me if Im wrong.
Had the exact same problem after daytona, it's very strange
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami: why is official results almost impossible to find? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Nelo wrote:

Apparently at least for me if I open the same link on my phone, no splits, no links to splits that I could find.

On my laptop, all splits show up immediately on the link, no extra clicking needed.

Actually if you click on the link above with your phone and then turn your phone sideways all the Splits show up, option 2 is you click on the + sign and the splits also show up.

During the weekend most people downloaded the Sportstats Tracker and that has ALL the splits on the bike and the run. Its interesting as we do provide these links to organizers ahead of time but
they do need to do a better job on adding the proper links!!
Quote Reply