Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Challenge Miami Race Day Banter [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2004 Olympian in 100 Breast and 4x100 Medley Relay for Spain.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Race Day Banter [FaKaspar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FaKaspar wrote:

Don't think Lucy deserved that penalty.

To me it's the USA revenge against UK for how the mistreated Meghan Markle, just saying!

Haha the UK cares much more about the royals than the US does!

Lucy's penalty is an interesting part of this type of racing - the leaders can be penalized for lapping riders. Which on a normal loop or out and back course, would never be an issue.

Someone earlier said Lionel had the advantage of passing riders (which...isn't an advantage really because they can't pass like amateurs) but also - by lap 3 Jan was also dealing with traffic.

The dynamics of this type of racing will be interesting in the future - because this type of racing isn't going anywhere I don't think - so someone like Lucy will need to become more tactically astute and aware than she is say, in Kona.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Race Day Banter [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
cloy wrote:
These Agers are absolutely dominating the middle distance race. My god. 3:46 winner? yikes.

Course is short. Swim looks to be ~500 yards or more short and the bike about a mile or slightly less. Run looks to be 12.95-13.0 miles. And there was minimal wind on the bike (if any at all). Given all that, it was still a pretty fast field.

I had 2 athletes/friends racing and they mentioned the packs on the bike (2 loops) were ridiculous but there were officials out there. The girl that won got hit with 12 min worth of penalties.

The swim was 1 mile, same as the pro's, don't think it was big enough to fit the extra .2 miles in. As you said bike and run were fractionally short. It was a super fast bike course, about 40 miles of it was out and back in a straight line twice on good roads. The wind picked up as the day went on, but it was definitely a lot worse yesterday.

Did see a few big draft packs, not sure why people cheat so blatantly, they wouldn't wear flippers in the swim or use an e-bike. Saw the refs go by quite and few times, but there seemed to be lots of watching and not much handing out penalties. There didn't seem to be any penalty boxes, so maybe that explains why people seem have been given penalties after the race. Noticed 2 people with 12 mins of penalties, surely if you get 3 drafting penalties it should be a DQ
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Race Day Banter [42point2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those draft packs made my 2:15 on 275 watts look pedestrian. They handed out 80 penalties on a race with 600 athletes. But they should have done better in actually breaking up the packs. The motorcycles were out there but these packs didn’t care. I’ll take a 4 min penalty if I can do a 2:11 on 206 watts. It’s why those runs were so fast too.

I finished 30th with a time of 4:18 and I wasn’t even close to the podium for the 45-49 age group. Guess I need to just jump in when the pack passes me or ride harder.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Race Day Banter [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathlonJoe wrote:
Those draft packs made my 2:15 on 275 watts look pedestrian. They handed out 80 penalties on a race with 600 athletes. But they should have done better in actually breaking up the packs. The motorcycles were out there but these packs didn’t care. I’ll take a 4 min penalty if I can do a 2:11 on 206 watts. It’s why those runs were so fast too.

I finished 30th with a time of 4:18 and I wasn’t even close to the podium for the 45-49 age group. Guess I need to just jump in when the pack passes me or ride harder.

Out of curiosity, how big are you - height wise? If you rode 2:15 on 275 you might have quite a bit of free speed to pick up with position tweaks (if you’re extremely tall, disregard my comments)
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Miami Race Day Banter [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something is up with my power meter. Probably didn’t push 270 watts based on BBS giving a CdA of .31. Stupid Garmin Vectors. But I did push harder than I’d ever pushed on the bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next