Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question about frame size
Quote | Reply
Hello,

My road bike is a 50cm. Its effective top tube is 524.92mm with a headtube of 130mm. I use a 120 or a 130 stem on it. I have 5cm of spacers under my stem. I have to use a FSA seatpost with a 35mm setback.

I found a used frame that has an effective top tube of 560mm with a headtube of 19.5mm.

Bottom line is my 50cm frame is too small for me. Do you all think the frame I found would fit me with that long of a headtube? Anything else that I should take into consideration?

Thanks!
Last edited by: gall1972: Mar 10, 21 4:56
Quote Reply
Re: Question about frame size [gall1972] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s basically going up three cm sizes (50-52-54-56) or two descriptive sizes (S-M-L). That’s a big difference. If you wore size 30 underwear would you buy size 36 underwear?

Not that height and inseam are the complete tell all measures but they give a ballpark. What is your height and inseam?

I would ride a 56 or Large in most bikes and I’m about 72.5” (184 cm) tall with inseam length about 33.5” (85 cm).

It could be possible your 50 is too small. It could also be possible it’s the right size. Or maybe a 52 or 54 or 56. We can make no hypothesis based on what you have told us so far.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Its effective top tube is 524.92mm "

Are you sure about that?
Quote Reply
Re: Question about frame size [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The chart says 524.94....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gall1972 wrote:
The chart says 524.94....

524.94 is not 524.92.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am joking.

Why didn't they just put 525 in the chart?
Quote Reply
Re: Question about frame size [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes - I did have a typo and typed that in wrong the first time which adds to the humor as to why didnt they just put 525.....
Quote Reply