Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlon set up - flat and likely windy conditions - light rider
Quote | Reply
I am feeling optimistic today about racing later in the year (ask me tomorrow and I may not be - but I will take the positivity right now). That being said, I am putting together a disc / tubeless set up for triathlon racing. Right now I only have training rims (just moved to disc brakes).

In terms of the rear wheel (based on the numerous recent threads), I am convinced enough that a disc is faster and more stable in the rear. Is there any reason not to go with a flo disc?

For the front I am trying to stay within a total budget of about 1500 (so about 750 left). I am planning for moderate to windy conditions (most races I do are coastal) and I am a light rider (less than 130 even on a heavy day). For a point of reference, I could handle 50mm Bontragers but would not mind a little improvement. Hed Vanquish seem to be the front runner but I am having some trouble finding them (availability). Any other suggestions? I would like to keep the depth in the 40-60mm range.

I am also all ears as to Tubeless tires. I am leaning toward Schwable Pro One or Conti 5000's in the width recommended by the wheel maker.

Your collective thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon set up - flat and likely windy conditions - light rider [Tri.Tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The FLO disc is a fine choice. TBH, there is not a lot of performance differences between discs.

For the front, here are the top women at Kona: https://www.slowtwitch.com/..._Equipment_7551.html

They are in the same general weight range (if not a few lbs lighter). 60mm seems to be the most popular choice, with some going up to 80-90mm....and that's not just for windy, it's for Kona windy.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply