Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ANT + not showing up on MacBook Pro
Quote | Reply
Hi folks

HELP...

Have recently bought a Kickr Core, and have just bought a Garmin ANT +mini USB stick to transmit my HR data.

Whilst the Mac is showing that it knows the stick is there (i.e. in utilities/system information), nothing actually happens when I plug it in.

What do I need to do?
Quote Reply
Re: ANT + not showing up on MacBook Pro [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you got Garmin Connect running in the background? (you'll see it as a triangle in the top bar)

Closing it completely opens up the ANT+ channel for me, otherwise GC somehow seems to monopolise it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to unplug the dongle and plug it back in after I have loaded TrainerRoad and then it "re-syncs" and sees it again.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Re: ANT + not showing up on MacBook Pro [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
Have you got Garmin Connect running in the background? (you'll see it as a triangle in the top bar)

Closing it completely opens up the ANT+ channel for me, otherwise GC somehow seems to monopolise it.

OK, so I have closed it & plugged the stick back in. Nothing happens. What should I see?
Quote Reply
Re: ANT + not showing up on MacBook Pro [TX83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TX83 wrote:
I have to unplug the dongle and plug it back in after I have loaded TrainerRoad and then it "re-syncs" and sees it again.

As per above - I have unplugged it & plugged it back in, but nothing is happening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you hoping to see your HR data on - Zwift/TR/some other software? I don't "see" anything when my HR is broadcasting to the plugged in ANT+ stick until I open TR and see it there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
What are you hoping to see your HR data on - Zwift/TR/some other software? I don't "see" anything when my HR is broadcasting to the plugged in ANT+ stick until I open TR and see it there.

Sufferfest App. 'ANT +' remains showing as 'off'. I am broadcasting my data from my 935. Am I missing a step..?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't used the Sufferfest app so no tips from me. Have you seen their troubleshooting article here: https://support.thesufferfest.com/...roubleshooting-Steps
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
I haven't used the Sufferfest app so no tips from me. Have you seen their troubleshooting article here: https://support.thesufferfest.com/...roubleshooting-Steps

Well...I don't know how I did it...but it's connected & working now!

Thanks for taking the time to help, much appreciated.
Quote Reply