Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IronCowboy - Conquer 100 (100 IM distances/100 CONSECUTIVE DAYS)- results page [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
ChrisM wrote:
My understanding which may be incorrect is that ST is not covering him

I have not talked to slowman, but I would have thought there is not much to cover until he gets to the finish line anyway. So maybe there is a story in the works now! Clearly this is not "real triathlon" but it is an endurance sports lifestyle type of story.

These are my observations of slowman over the years: he would absolutely cover this / give James airtime. But he expects a two way street. Triathlon community means more to him than any single individual. How does IC work and play well with others in the tri community? It seems to me that he having an adversarial relationship with the rest of the tri community is part of his identity.

But what do I know...

My guess is slowman would want to find the way that this threads the needle between real triathlon, individual challenges, lifestyle and position it in a way that does not usurp accomplishments of professional racer and professional event organizers. This is a guy creating his own personal challenge during a pandemic under his own rules and executing it. It is newsworthy in the context of fitness and personal challenges, but should not be conflated with real sport. I know IC has not gone out of his way to decouple his challenge from real sport and has allowed the "conflation" to propagate.

Personally I have tried to be supportive of the athletic feat and personal journey only in my comments and threads on here and called it for what it is.
Quote Reply
Re: IronCowboy - Conquer 100 (100 IM distances/100 CONSECUTIVE DAYS)- results page [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think its part of slowman's character to help the community grow in a positive manner, and avoid commenting on topics for the sake of clickbait. Covering Iron Cowboy is a sure way to stir the pot, with name calling / pointless bickering to follow.

With all that said. Kudos to the IronCowboy on what he has accomplished. I was surprised to see this thread come backup and see that he completed 100 days.

devashish_paul wrote:

My guess is slowman would want to find the way that this threads the needle between real triathlon, individual challenges, lifestyle and position it in a way that does not usurp accomplishments of professional racer and professional event organizers...
Quote Reply

Prev Next