Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best place to get a custom tri suit?
Quote | Reply
Looking for recommendations on a new custom tri suit, want a suit with a decently padded chamois and good construction thats also fast. I currently have a custom Jakroo Whistler but im not a huge fan so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Best place to get a custom tri suit? [ericdelgRLS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are others but Zoot has a program. I don't have the link handy but search Zoot Custom and you'll get a result.

As you can guess, it's hard to find "no minimum" ordering quantities
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do you need to be custom?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
problem is how do you know it's fast?

I've seen the exact same suit test a much as 13-15w different on 2 people with very similar body types & positions.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talk to Chance at Real Endurance

Raceinreal.com
Quote Reply
Re: Best place to get a custom tri suit? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

I've seen the exact same suit test a much as 13-15w different on 2 people with very similar body types & positions.

You don’t. And he didn’t seem overly concerned about that although no sense getting a custom suit that is slow. So I would do what’s I do with other products I will never personally test—go with a quality, comfortable, custom suit that I know has tested fast on others. Ownway Apparel is a good place to start.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Mar 3, 21 11:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ownway and Pactimo both come to mind.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Best place to get a custom tri suit? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
desert dude wrote:

You don’t. And he didn’t seem overly concerned about that although no sense getting a custom suit that is slow. So I would do what’s I do with other products I will never personally test—go with a quality, comfortable, custom suit that I know has tested fast on others. Ownway Apparel is a good place to start.

So if you buy the latest generic tri suit online how do you know it's fast without personally testing it?

I'm sure a good place to start is Zoot. Their suits are based on the same design elements as the suits on their website. At $225 they aren't cheap, but I've managed to design cool suits on their platform.

My next suit will probably come from them.
Quote Reply
Re: Best place to get a custom tri suit? [Raw Vegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
desert dude wrote:

So if you buy the latest generic tri suit online how do you know it's fast without personally testing it?.

Umm that’s exactly what I said.
Quote Reply
Re: Best place to get a custom tri suit? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just the colorway and design, as someone stated above im not overly concerned with the suit being fast but if I had a preference I would want it to be haha. More worried about comfort and quality.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going to check out all the brands mentioned, feel like I have a good place to start from now so thanks guys.
Quote Reply
Re: Best place to get a custom tri suit? [Raw Vegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do zoot tri suits fit? Think I might go that direction.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Zoot tri suits fit great. I bought one and followed the size chart. It's a small and very form fitting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear great things about Love The Pain...

Blog: https://davidkoppeltriathlon.blogspot.com/
Coaching: https://dkendurance.com/
Last edited by: DKMNTRI: Mar 3, 21 18:22
Quote Reply
Re: Best place to get a custom tri suit? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
What do you need to be custom?

You should contact a company that offers them and they can explain the various options to you—personally I really enjoyed the process.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericdelgRLS wrote:
Going to check out all the brands mentioned, feel like I have a good place to start from now so thanks guys.

Without question one of the best in both quality, performance and customer service is Kiwami. Andre is the best and the suits are designed by actual triathletes with incredible pedigrees so they know their stuff. Minimum of 1 suit! Been tuning them for years and they keep raising the bar. Unlikely you'll do better without going to DD's wind tunnel and making sure.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Best place to get a custom tri suit? [playguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their suits look pretty solid, any idea how they fit?
Quote Reply
Re: Best place to get a custom tri suit? [playguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playguy wrote:
ericdelgRLS wrote:

Without question one of the best in both quality, performance and customer service is Kiwami. Andre is the best and the suits are designed by actual triathletes with incredible pedigrees so they know their stuff. Minimum of 1 suit! Been tuning them for years and they keep raising the bar. Unlikely you'll do better without going to DD's wind tunnel and making sure.

I have used all 3. The high-end Kiwami suits have a distinct feel. its its a sort of papery texture. Whereas Zoot/Ownway Apparel have a smoother, softer feel. Without any objective basis for saying this, I tend to think that the Kiwami suit is faster in the water--it has a water-repelling type material. On the bike, fit will matter most and I tend to believe they all *can* test as fast as each other. On on the run, I found the Kiwami to be hot. To anyone who disagrees, I would argue you don't really know what it is like to have heat issues. In terms of comfort, I do find the Zoot/OWA suits to be noticeably more comfortable. But, all of these are really nice products--just need to find one that fits you well and you like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericdelgRLS wrote:
Their suits look pretty solid, any idea how they fit?

They tend to be a “euro” fit which tends to be slightly small. Andre is very helpful if you need any fit consultation. As I said, truly comfortable for me, repels water so stays light. For those who feel hit, I’ve not experienced that, but it does have an ice pocket behind the neck.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@desertdude helped me find cuore a while back... I know it's tested well on a bunch of friends as well.. Still small n

But they do very nice, custom gear, with no minimum. You can change leg /torso /or arm length as well
Quote Reply
Re: Best place to get a custom tri suit? [DKMNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DKMNTRI wrote:
I hear great things about Love The Pain...

They ship in time for the race you deferred to, not the one you planned to do.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Best place to get a custom tri suit? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Innerforce

Designing is included in the price, if I recall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Brian,
Did you do any testing with the Endura Drag to Zero Tri Suit II with SST? https://us.endurasport.com/...-black/12926126.html
Realizing, of course, what you wrote, that the same suit can perform quite differently on different people.
Thank you.
Quote Reply