Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cody Beals Youtube [Cody Beals] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cody, just watched all 4 of the "episodes". great stuff man, i lol'd many times.

also, great work on the house. i remember reading a while back in one of your social posts i think it was about the home renovations... you guys did a great job. seeing a kinda walk-through in the shoe rant episode, i found myself looking at all the work that was put into it more than i listening to you bitch about shoes!

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals Youtube [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the guy is witty and is perfectly tolerable on 1x speed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only people who have as many plants as you have inside their house have to keep an eye out for the RCMP...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals Youtube [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the content. A natural extension of the blog posts. It did raise two questions:

What happened to Sketchers in the performance shoe sponsor market? Just a natural contraction due to COVID? I noticed LS with a ton of shoe boxes in one of his running videos with him essentially saying, "send me shoes and I will try them". Including some from 'the brand'. Did sketchers move away from all shoe sponsoring?

Also are you really still mixing your own poweraid? I thought you had moved to brand relationship? I tried to make my own home mix once but it was rough!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good stuff!! I watched all of your videos today. I look forward to following your channel. Keep up the good work.
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals Youtube [Impulse-Warp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Impulse-Warp wrote:
I like the content. A natural extension of the blog posts. It did raise two questions:

What happened to Sketchers in the performance shoe sponsor market? Just a natural contraction due to COVID? I noticed LS with a ton of shoe boxes in one of his running videos with him essentially saying, "send me shoes and I will try them". Including some from 'the brand'. Did sketchers move away from all shoe sponsoring?

Also are you really still mixing your own poweraid? I thought you had moved to brand relationship? I tried to make my own home mix once but it was rough!

Thanks for all the feedback! So many video ideas, so little time!

My understanding is that Skechers made a high level decision to cut back on triathlon sponsorship. We parted ways after six years. Their performance line has leveled up every year and it's really legit. But Skechers still has work to do to get that message out. I'm still training in Skechers and anticipating the next gen of their carbon race shoe.

Yep, I still mix my own blend for racing. It's not that complicated: maltodextrin, fructose, sometimes amylopectin, electrolytes, caffeine, flavoring agent. I vary the proportions of those ingredients based on the race length, the conditions and the timing of that particular bottle/flask. It's allowed me to push very high carbs/hour without issues. So if it ain't broke...

I've worked with a couple sports nutrition companies, but none with a high carb liquid product. I've also chosen not to pursue opportunities with a few others. To my knowledge, there's no commercially available formula that replicates what I'm doing. A few come close, but they tend to have some unnecessary "secret sauce" addition that is more marketing gimmickry than solid science. Few, if any, products contain enough fructose, in my opinion. Fructose can really disagree with some athletes, so I get why companies play it safe with that. I think the science is clear that you need lots of fructose (in addition to glucose) to max out carb oxidation. I also use a few off-the-shelf products for training and racing, but I don't have much brand loyalty.

CodyBeals.com | Instagram | TikTok
ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals Youtube [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
cody, just watched all 4 of the "episodes". great stuff man, i lol'd many times.

also, great work on the house. i remember reading a while back in one of your social posts i think it was about the home renovations... you guys did a great job. seeing a kinda walk-through in the shoe rant episode, i found myself looking at all the work that was put into it more than i listening to you bitch about shoes!

Thank Damon! So glad that reno is DONE... well as done as work on an 1890s house will ever be. It was a black hole for my time and energy and money for three years! So much work beyond the cosmetic stuff visible in the video. I wouldn't tackle another fixer-upper until I retire from triathlon.

ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thats always the case... when you start ripping walls out you find where the REAL work is. i had to do some work on a bathroom, wound up finding a spot where i could see DAYLIGHT when i yanked the wall down.

keep the videos coming as you feel like making them, def so far some of my fav athlete youtube vids.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been loyal to the Razor 3's for several years. They are very good shoes at a price point that meets the market. You're so right about there being something wrong with shoe sharing. Lionel recently put out a video of his new training partner, who borrowed his shoes. After watching your video it was an eye opener that even pro triathletes are sharing shoes and not just high school track teams. It's sad it's come to that. I'll just keep running in my Skechers for now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really like your style, looking forward to seeing more.

Not sure if that’s the kind of stuff you feel like vlogging about, but would be cool to see how you sweat proof the bike on the trainer and what you do to maintain it in the winter months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NO ESPRESSO MONTAGES !!!!! C'mon!

Loved it, count me as I fan!
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals Youtube [Raw Vegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:
I've been loyal to the Razor 3's for several years. They are very good shoes at a price point that meets the market. You're so right about there being something wrong with shoe sharing. Lionel recently put out a video of his new training partner, who borrowed his shoes. After watching your video it was an eye opener that even pro triathletes are sharing shoes and not just high school track teams. It's sad it's come to that. I'll just keep running in my Skechers for now.

Lionel's new training partner borrowed Lionel's shoes because he only had track cleats. It's not a "sad" situation.
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals Youtube [WHITEJM74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WHITEJM74 wrote:
Raw Vegan wrote:

Lionel's new training partner borrowed Lionel's shoes because he only had track cleats. It's not a "sad" situation.

Perhaps more "odd" than "sad". Did he show up to the track session in Oxfords? I'd say running shoes, but not Alpha Fly's. Still kind of sad in my books. Other running shoes had to be available just not Alpha Flys right?
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals Youtube [Raw Vegan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raw Vegan wrote:
WHITEJM74 wrote:
Raw Vegan wrote:

Perhaps more "odd" than "sad". Did he show up to the track session in Oxfords? I'd say running shoes, but not Alpha Fly's. Still kind of sad in my books. Other running shoes had to be available just not Alpha Flys right?

Re-watch the videos. He states that he prepared for a certain track surface and they had to change tracks due to a school practice....different surface so cleats were a no go. Lionel did not run that day.....he ran the timer, only new guy and Cory ran.....so Lionel lent him his Nike's.

The only sad/odd thing is you making a case of this.
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals Youtube [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone noticed Cody Beals posting more on social media lately? I really like his posts and personality. Lots of fun and some informational stuff too. Don't miss out!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Following you for a while I know there is no way that your intent was malicious towards others. Keep just being you. People will figure it out, or they won’t.

I’m not a big YouTube person but will be watching yours soon

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Cody Beals Youtube [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'm leaning into content, partly because I have a lot to say and partly to diversify my business. The freshest stuff is on my new TikTok. I also reply to comments on Insta. I basically abandoned YouTube, but some shorts still get cross-posted there.

I'm having fun with short-form video. Always open to topic suggestions. :)

Quote Reply

Prev Next