Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Work Trip to Grand Prairie, Texas this Summer: Cycling Recommendations?
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be in Grand Prairie for three weeks from July to August and am planning to take my road bike with me to keep up my training for IMFL. I'm still searching on my own, but does anyone have any recommendations for some rail-to-trails or cyclist-friendly roads that I can put in some longer miles? I've been really spoiled here and ride on an 18 mile rail-to-trail and would really like to find something similar.

I've found a pool (LAFitness) and a run route for my long run (A Train Rail Trail. I ran on it last time I was in Denton and loved it). This route is great for running, but not ideal for cycling near non-stop.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Work Trip to Grand Prairie, Texas this Summer: Cycling Recommendations? [Brandon_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know that area of the metroplex, but depending on where in Grand Prairie you'll be, you might reach out to Trek Bikes of Arlington. They have weekend road rides and should be able to provide some route options.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: Work Trip to Grand Prairie, Texas this Summer: Cycling Recommendations? [Brandon_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandon,

You may want to look up Trinity Trails, multiple pick up points. Not complete but in the next couple years will connect Fort Worth to Dallas, roughly 60 miles.

Also you may want to check PlayTri out, I ride with them on Saturdays and they have multiple store locations that have this offering.

Best of luck, Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brandon_W wrote:
I'm going to be in Grand Prairie for three weeks from July to August and am planning to take my road bike with me to keep up my training for IMFL. I'm still searching on my own, but does anyone have any recommendations for some rail-to-trails or cyclist-friendly roads that I can put in some longer miles? I've been really spoiled here and ride on an 18 mile rail-to-trail and would really like to find something similar.

I've found a pool (LAFitness) and a run route for my long run (A Train Rail Trail. I ran on it last time I was in Denton and loved it). This route is great for running, but not ideal for cycling near non-stop.

Thanks!

This isn't exactly what you asked for, but I live in the next town over. The LA in GP is fairly nice. More importantly, it's not usually very busy. Also, if you want to OWS, there's a group of us that swim at 0800 at Grapevine on Saturday mornings.

I have only lived here since August, and the lack of bike lanes/etc is pretty sucky. However, I live close to a wealthy area that has little traffic, wide roads and hills. Ride with GPS Route of a ride I did from the area bike shop. I've also done 3,000' of climbing in only 30 miles. Great area to ride in, and close (I assume) to where you will be. There are some group rides as well, but I usually just ride on my own since I have a weird schedule, and frankly, I'm too fit for "no-drop" rides, but not fit enough for the harder rides.

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5
Quote Reply