Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USA Triathlon 2021 Bylaws Vote - Any reason not to approve? [playguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Give them an email then would be my advice....although I think slowman mentioned he hadn't gotten his ballot until several hours later from the OP. (I'm not a tech guy i have no clue how servers work and load, etc).

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: USA Triathlon 2021 Bylaws Vote - Any reason not to approve? [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
Give them an email then would be my advice....although I think slowman mentioned he hadn't gotten his ballot until several hours later from the OP. (I'm not a tech guy i have no clue how servers work and load, etc).

Thanks. Given my dealings with them within the last few years, I have absolutely NO confidence in their ability to have competent and well thought out policies and practices. I hoped with all my heart that Rocky would make a difference but have been totally disappointed in the lack of anything tangible. Some nice people work there, but competence is not something I would attribute to the organization as a whole. I'm sure I'll have to fight for my ballot.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: USA Triathlon 2021 Bylaws Vote - Any reason not to approve? [AlexFuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan, I got your email overnight and at first disagreed with you. SafeSport is a good thing for all of us, but like you I went through it for my coaching certs and most recently just for USATF membership (so, there is a precedent for this possible requirement).

The more I thought, however, the more I agree with you. ALL athletes should have been given a lot more time to understand what the changes are and how they will apply to the athlete, and our sport. A lot to consider and think over and make rational and valuable decisions. This is pushed out with far too short of time to really allow us to think critically of the results of our decisions, and I agree that USAT needs to extend the deadline for voting.

This taking advantage of voters thinking we will not think about our choices is BS. Its why we, as a country, got into such a mess we have. We need to vote for the public servants and policies and amendments after pausing and thinking critically before marking the ballot. I owe that to my children as well as to my neighbors. Rant off.

Dennis Lancaster
Henderson, NV
USAT Life Member #2099834491
Quote Reply
Re: USA Triathlon 2021 Bylaws Vote - Any reason not to approve? [Dalancas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SafeSport is a good thing for all of us,

------

There is a common sense safesport practice and then the actual standards that safesport is put too. Seriously anything more than an high five can be construed as an safesport violation. And the issue is that with an issue like safesport EVERYTHING has to be defined. Like the line HAS TO BE DRAWN to remove all issues. So if the line in the sand is only a side hug or high five....there you go folks.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: USA Triathlon 2021 Bylaws Vote - Any reason not to approve? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not about "international athletes", but Team USA elite level athletes, which now must comprise 33% of the board, but other changes are not required, e.g., raising independent directors to 33% and reducing general directors (those elected from membership from 50% to 33%. That's one aspect of the changes, there are many more that are being discussed here and elsewhere on social media.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Triathlon 2021 Bylaws Vote - Any reason not to approve? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
I swear this has come up before on this board and it creates some serious issues. Although I get the spirit of making every member a mandatory reporter, that seems very CYA-esque!

I voted a hard No
Quote Reply

Prev Next