Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM New Zealand cancelled/rescheduled less than week before race [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my apologies. I thought with the multiple homepage articles that implied left leaning items, Gwen Jorgenson articles implying vote for anyone but Trump and other posts by people bashing the previous President, even one in this thread, some things were acceptable. Lavender room is for all things not left leaning, understood.
Quote Reply
Re: IM New Zealand cancelled/rescheduled less than week before race [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I believe my post said nothing different than people talking about the freedoms NZ has had and why they have them. I was talking about my freedoms.

People mentioned how great NZ handled the virus and I talked about the US side of things.

Someone mentioned our president being "moronic". But I can't say something similar about someone else in the government.

Finally, my post talked about me racing since July. That is triathlon related.

I met the "rules" of triathlon speak and said nothing different in comparison to others, it's just a different way of thinking than others, which I guess belongs in the lavender room.
Quote Reply
Re: IM New Zealand cancelled/rescheduled less than week before race [eeclipse2k2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eeclipse2k2 wrote:
Oh my apologies. I thought with the multiple homepage articles that implied left leaning items, Gwen Jorgenson articles implying vote for anyone but Trump and other posts by people bashing the previous President, even one in this thread, some things were acceptable. Lavender room is for all things not left leaning, understood.

well, i don't know about the "multiple" part. there was the gwen article. but i felt that she's earned the right to one OpEd on slowtwitch. perhaps i erred in my judgment, but that's how it came down. that was my decision.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: IM New Zealand cancelled less than week before race [philipshambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMNZ is a go.

New date of Saturday 27th March confirmed.

A few changes which are understandable but the race is on!!

*subject to any further change in alert levels of course

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: IM New Zealand cancelled less than week before race [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just heard the same from my source. One of three dates that were considered so a good guess :-)

Fingers crossed those damn JAFAs won't screw us up again LOL!

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Last edited by: philipshambrook: Mar 1, 21 16:52
Quote Reply
Re: IM New Zealand cancelled less than week before race [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BayDad wrote:
IMNZ is a go.

New date of Saturday 27th March confirmed.

A few changes which are understandable but the race is on!!

*subject to any further change in alert levels of course

They left the big question un-answered - is the Undie run on or not?

I've had my share of gripes at the IMNZ team in the past, mostly related to their late notice changes / announcements on race nutrition. But they do an awesome job every year in race week, and in terms of responding to externalities like weatherbombs or global pandemics / public health emergencies.
Quote Reply
Re: IM New Zealand cancelled less than week before race [philipshambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
philipshambrook wrote:
Just heard the same from my source. One of three dates that were considered so a good guess :-)

That's from the official IronmanNZ Instagram. So as legit as you'll ever get. ;-)

Anyone got a 3.5 week training plan including taper? Asking for a friend ...
Quote Reply
Re: IM New Zealand cancelled less than week before race [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
philipshambrook wrote:

That's from the official IronmanNZ Instagram. So as legit as you'll ever get. ;-)

Anyone got a 3.5 week training plan including taper? Asking for a friend ...
Shh already.!.!

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, one was an article by you essentially bashing the president's handling of the pandemic and social justice issues. I commented via Facebook about it being left leaning but it was deleted by an admin I'm guessing.

And not sure how Gwen earned the right to provide a leftist "voting" article on a triathlon forum when you just said it doesn't belong here. If anything, her article would be anti triathlon considering the side she "promoted" wants to continue to shut things down.
Quote Reply
Re: IM New Zealand cancelled/rescheduled less than week before race [eeclipse2k2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eeclipse2k2 wrote:
Yes, one was an article by you essentially bashing the president's handling of the pandemic and social justice issues. I commented via Facebook about it being left leaning but it was deleted by an admin I'm guessing.

And not sure how Gwen earned the right to provide a leftist "voting" article on a triathlon forum when you just said it doesn't belong here. If anything, her article would be anti triathlon considering the side she "promoted" wants to continue to shut things down.

well, i don't know the article you're referring to that i wrote. as to gwen, athletic achievement. that's how she earned it. and, her message was voting, whomever it was you intended to vote for. it sounds like you're animated by how your country is run. good. we don't need to agree. we just need to care. if we care, and if we're self-reflective, and we realize that we'll be smarter in 5 years than we are today, and driven to cure our lack of knowledge and wisdom, we'll be fine.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: IM New Zealand cancelled less than week before race [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Funk wrote:
salmonsteve wrote:
Upstaterun wrote:
Organisers of Nutri-Grain IRONMAN New Zealand have today (Feb. 28) confirmed that the event cannot take places as planned on Saturday 6 March, or on Sunday 7 March.
Under the New Zealand Government’s COVID-19 Alert Level 2 events of more than 100 people cannot take place, meaning that Nutri-Grain IRONMAN New Zealand cannot be held next weekend in Taupō.
The event team is working on a postponement date, but this is highly contingent on multiple factors aligning. It is hopeful that a clearer picture on whether a postponement will be possible or not will be known in the next 24 hours.

Postponed, not cancelled. New date Saturday 27th March.

Not replying to you particularly... reading this strikes me:

This year is really going to be crazy. Race postponed/in danger in one country based on a positive test? But up until now, NZ has been operating pretty normally? Yet... Japan still proceeding in the hope/plan that over 11,000 athletes will compete in the Olympics in July? US is going to open, no two ways about it...but probably quite different on state by state basis. And Europe, I'm guessing will be a checkerboard.

It will be crazy (and I suspect frustrating to many)...as some/many things/races/events will happen. Some/many won't.

And there will be no consistency.

I really do have a great deal of empathy for any live event organizer... large or small. No easy or super clear way to proceed and plan.

What do you mean US will open? As in return to normal? I thought you guys were struggling with COVID? Australia is in an unusual position. We are doing very well, but that also means we are going to remain with our international borders shut until the rest of the world is doing OK. This could be years.
Quote Reply

Prev Next