Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kobe as the Logo? [Tri2gohard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri2gohard wrote:
KKG wrote:
Leave the current one as is.

I agree.

To me, this is a classic case of “Ain’t broke, don’t need fixing” ~ it’s not like the NFL had a similar OJ profile on their logo, or they found a bunch of shallow graves in Jerry West’s back yard.
Quote Reply
Re: Kobe as the Logo? [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
Tri2gohard wrote:
KKG wrote:
Leave the current one as is.

I agree.

To me, this is a classic case of “Ain’t broke, don’t need fixing” ~ it’s not like the NFL had a similar OJ profile on their logo, or they found a bunch of shallow graves in Jerry West’s back yard.

Yep, if it ain't broke don't fix it. If anything, a Kyrie Irving endorsement doesn't really help. He's not even top ten in salary now. Not exactly influential.
Quote Reply
Re: Kobe as the Logo? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
I'm okay with a logo change. Kobe is a bad idea if, for anything, I don't think he was that impactful of a player. MJ, Magic, Jabar, Lebron, Shaq, etc. would all be better choices.

MJ would be a problem regarding trademarking, IMO. I mean, will they use the Nike Air Jordan logo?

Something else to consider is to simply not use anyone for the logo.

Might as well add Shawn Kemp to your list, he has single handedly done more "public relations work" than any other NBA player in history since Wilt
Quote Reply
Re: Kobe as the Logo? [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D.O. wrote:
BarryP wrote:
I'm okay with a logo change. Kobe is a bad idea if, for anything, I don't think he was that impactful of a player. MJ, Magic, Jabar, Lebron, Shaq, etc. would all be better choices.

MJ would be a problem regarding trademarking, IMO. I mean, will they use the Nike Air Jordan logo?

Something else to consider is to simply not use anyone for the logo.

Might as well add Shawn Kemp to your list, he has single handedly done more "public relations work" than any other NBA player in history since Wilt

Haha. I am also in the ain’t broke why fix it camp. And why am I supposed to care what Kylie Irving thinks? He’s a freaking lunatic and thoroughly forgettable basketball player.
Quote Reply
Re: Kobe as the Logo? [KKG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KKG wrote:
Skyhook would be pretty cool
Agree

Be Uncommon
Quote Reply
Re: Kobe as the Logo? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Why is it a requirement to have anyone as the logo? It's a logo. Use a basketball or something.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Kobe as the Logo? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jerry West is a good choice. He was a fantastic player and has achieved more as a coach, GM, team president and advisor than any other NBA star. I can not think of any great player in any sport that has had the success that West has had as a player and in management.
If the NBA did want to make a change I would recommend Bill Russell. 11 championships including 2 championships as a player coach, first African American coach in any major USA sport, 5 time MVP, Olympic Gold Medalist, 2 time NCAA Champion, ranked 7th in the world in the high jump in 1956, civil rights activist, NBA Finals MVP Award is named after him. His ability to change the game with his defense and lift the performance of his team through his play has never been exceeded.
Quote Reply
Re: Kobe as the Logo? [ZimZam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZimZam wrote:
KKG wrote:
Skyhook would be pretty cool

Agree

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Kobe as the Logo? [JKP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JKP wrote:
Jerry West is a good choice. He was a fantastic player and has achieved more as a coach, GM, team president and advisor than any other NBA star. I can not think of any great player in any sport that has had the success that West has had as a player and in management.

Problem is,...he's white.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply

Prev Next