Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who's got the shot? [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shady wrote:
Nice!
Ms Shady got her first Moderna tonight . Didn’t even faint!! ( she has history of that silliness:)

My wife got her second this morning (Moderna also); so far so good where she stayed hydrated yesterday and today, was feeling a little tired and went to bed early but otherwise no side effects so far.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
shady wrote:
Nice!
Ms Shady got her first Moderna tonight . Didn’t even faint!! ( she has history of that silliness:)

My wife got her second this morning (Moderna also); so far so good where she stayed hydrated yesterday and today, was feeling a little tired and went to bed early but otherwise no side effects so far.

Got our second Moderna last week. Hit he less hard than the first one and only made me tired and super sore injection site. Other than that I had nothing. Thankfully.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [crowny2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She’s been tired all day with an on/off headache, some soreness/redness at the injection site. Overall not bad though compared to what we’ve heard others have experienced.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying to last...

Got my second shot today. First dose was AZ at a pharmacy. Today was Pfizer at a mass clinic.

The clinic was very well organized. A well oiled machine at this point.

No side effects yet. We'll see how this goes with the mixed doses.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to see this thread on the first page again. Interesting about the mixed doses. I'd do it for sure, and there might be some added benefit.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2nd dose yesterday, mixed vaccines.

First dose was Astra-Zenica via the local pharmacy 8 weeks ago. Mostly felt like I had a hangover the next day.
2nd dose was Pfizer via the provincial health authority. Headache yesterday, general malaise this morning.

The odd part is that I'm getting my second dose before before my parents, one of whom is immune-compromised. I'm not yet 40 and otherwise perfect health. Snuck into the AZ vaccine group right when the 40+ cohort opened (turning 40 later this year) and did the same when they dropped the waiting period to 8 weeks to get mRNA as a 2nd dose.

Meanwhile, because my mom already had her 2nd dose pre-booked for August (both Moderna), we had to call to get her moved up to tomorrow due to her condition. Everyone is getting their 2nd shot in the next week or two, but it feels weird to go before my parents and in-laws - who should by all rights go long before me.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7 hours on and my shoulder is nice and sore. That’s about it. No headache. No upset stomach. So far much better than after AZ.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
7 hours on and my shoulder is nice and sore. That’s about it. No headache. No upset stomach. So far much better than after AZ.

Talk to us in 5 to 11 hours
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
My wife and I had Pfizer as a follow on to AZ last Tuesday morning. Everything was OK until about 3 AM the next morning, according to the watches we wear. Heart rate went up, stress went up, and we both felt like crap all day Wednesday. But had a solid sleep Wednesday to Thursday and totally back to normal.

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Replying to last...

Got my second shot today. First dose was AZ at a pharmacy. Today was Pfizer at a mass clinic.

The clinic was very well organized. A well oiled machine at this point.

No side effects yet. We'll see how this goes with the mixed doses.

Same here, but both of mine were Pfizer. My vision seems much better now that the 3rd eye has grown in the back of my head.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [Big Endian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m glad to hear you guys are getting shots.

I just learned that the college-age daughter of my friend (who had Covid & was hospitalized & has long hauler symptoms) isn’t getting vaccinated. I am absolutely floored.

It came up because she asked for my help finding someone to store some of her stuff— storage units in Bozeman are sold out. Unfortunately for her, the people I know in Bozeman have young kids and believe in science and they don’t want anything to do with unvaxxed people.

Crazy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Was offered Pfizer as a second dose but decided to stick with AZ. The first AZ dose kicked my butt pretty hard, but very little reaction to the second one.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Still nothing. What should I do now?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

If you’re trying to feel Ike poop for a day and fit in you could always drink a bottle of tequila.
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

If you’re trying to feel Ike poop for a day and fit in you could always drink a bottle of tequila.

I am beginning to suspect that Pfizer side epfects are a myth.

Last edited by: BLeP: Jun 22, 21 6:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Celebrate!
Quote Reply
Re: Who's got the shot? [ONDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Except same thought process and reaction to the shots as me!

Quote | Reply
My wife had two Pfizer shots, first one did nothing to her but the second kicked the snot out of her. We've been together for 25 years and I've never seen her take more than 2 consecutive sick days (and I usually have to force her to stay home on the 2nd day). She was off work for 3 days, Wed to Friday and likely would have been off at least Saturday if it was a work day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meanwhile, in the Philippines...

"You choose, vaccine or I will have you jailed," Duterte said in a televised address on Monday following reports of low turnouts at several vaccination sites in the capital Manila.

https://www.reuters.com/...ith-jail-2021-06-21/

Quote Reply

Prev Next