Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GCN plus
Quote | Reply
not affiliated with them in any way.....but have really been surprised by the excellent quality of their films. Watched "yorkshire" with chris boardman, the one on Ollie's hour record attempt, and the one with Si and Jenny Graham in Colombia .....and they are great. The narrative, the production quality, the filming all brilliant. Only a couple more days to sign up at half-price ($25) if anyone is interested.

it includes race pass - but i haven't watched any races yet.
Quote Reply
Re: GCN plus [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers.

I saw the ad yesterday whilst on the turbo / watching some GCN / GTN.

Some stuff looks interesting. As you say the early bird is ÂŁ20 (19.99) in the UK worth a punt. It prefer stuff like that when forced onto the turbo. + some non-turbo watching could be good. As a family we've pretty much stopped watching terrestrial TV. Won't give Murdoch a penny. And Foxcan go focks themselves. Zwift totally fails to hold my interest. (Sufferfest is better as it's real footage at least). I'd rather go out for real unless it's icy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Signed up today , such a great deal if you sign before March 1st and a lot cheaper than Flobikes.
Matt Stephen’s and Dan Lloyd provide great information during the races with the British sense of humour.
Quote Reply
Re: GCN plus [sward] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree that this is a deal. I have not previously subscribed to similar services, but I'm overwhelmed with the volume and variety of GCN+ choice. Note my post in another thread - OK for windows and android, but not for most smart TVs or for Kindle Fire -although they claim that support for those devices is on the way. FWIW, I tested GCN+ on my Chromebook/chrome OS and it worked fine...
Quote Reply
Re: GCN plus [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just signed up on Wednesday, the first thing I did was try to download the app to my apple TV and low and behold there was none to be had.
While I haven't had a chance to watch any of the films or the races yet, so I can't comment on the actual content, I do find it rather odd that a steaming service doesn't have a app for... well a streaming device (nor is there one for Roku either).
Like the OP said, for $25 I am not going to complain too much, but still...
Quote Reply
Re: GCN plus [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can confirm: worth the few sheckles it costs for a years worth. It's a shame that Flobikes and GCN+ both have races I want to watch (in Canada), so in the short term I am just paying more money overall...
Quote Reply
Re: GCN plus [KAlbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah glad I subscribed, it's already paid off got to watch Het Newsblat, no more dodgy feeds that keep on cutting out on Tiz.
Definitely worth $25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn’t work for me this morning. Kept getting a network error. Ended up watching on Tiz
Quote Reply
Re: GCN plus [gregf83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you in the US? It was geo redistricted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
Are you in the US? It was geo redistricted.
Oops. In Canada but for some reason I thought it was covered here.
Quote Reply
Re: GCN plus [gregf83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I am not sure how the geo restrictions work with Canada, I think it might have to do with Flo cycling.
In any case I am in the US but I used a VPN.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it works with a VPN now. I was watching in bed and hadn't had any coffee...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reminder. Just signed up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They provide a list of available races by date for each country. The US list is here: https://help.globalcyclingnetwork.com/...ed-States-of-America
Quote Reply
Re: GCN plus [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else having a problem getting the KBK live broadcast going?
Quote Reply
Re: GCN plus [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. Won't connect the stream for me.
Quote Reply
Re: GCN plus [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A friend in the States told me he had to use his VPN to watch our Eurosport feed because all GCN+ videos are down, live streams and replays.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does GCN plus work with/on Apple TV?
Quote Reply
Re: GCN plus [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stopped watching GCN shows some month ago when my favourite presenters left.
But I signed up to give it another try, I love M. Beaumont’s books and he talks also well. We have pretty good coverage of TDF in France of course, so it is more for the documentaries.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/13873052
Quote Reply
Re: GCN plus [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are asking if they have a Apple TV app the answer is no (according to them it's in the works, but who knows what that means).
But you can still airplay it to your ATV from your phone or laptop (which is what I did yesterday to watch Het Newsblat).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm with you - no complaints. I do how that they get Roku worked out soon though so I can watch on the trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: GCN plus [bjgwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I have both a Apple TV and a Roku so I am hoping for the Roku app as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like GCN racepass a lot, but I am forced to use a VPN set to Germany so I can watch all the races. It's one of those quasi-illegal but accepted things I guess. At least until the governments crack down on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They mentioned that the Fire TV app was just turned on. I was able to download and use it, no problem. Hopefully other platforms are coming soon.
Quote Reply