Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cassette Issue (Gearheads help!) [rrutis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cables are brand new. Just adjusting out the initial stretch, as I have with every cable change I've done, in the last 45 years. They'll be on the bike for the next 5-10 years.

Athlinks / Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Cassette Issue (Gearheads help!) [rrutis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
llyrad, Dean T, rrutis - Thank you for you insight and recommendations, truly learning quite a bit.

Update:
I replaced the cables (I always put a thin layer of Phil Wood grease on the cables) using Jag Wire Pros and bent the casing to match the frame to rear-d bend as I cut it. I cleaned the hell out of the drivetrain and derailleurs (none were that dirty to begin with) and removed/inspected/cleaned all of the cassette gears. The gear in question (17T) did have slightly more wear on the chair tooth but, it does not seem excessive. The master link is seated correctly and chain wear is at about 50%.

Since the cleaning/cable change, I have ridden three times for 1- 1:30 hours. Needed a very minor adjustment at the start of session three (two clicks tighter) just to eliminate a little chatter.

Issue still exists. All other shifts are smooth, no chatter when riding - issue remains when I'm in the big ring up front and switching up into 17T. Still a 50-60% chance of occurence that I have to upshift to 19T and back down into 17T to access. Also seems to be more of an issue the longer I ride (heat perhaps?).

I'm going to recheck the rear hangar and if that comes back fine I'm going to replace the number 17T gear off my road wheel onto my KICKR trainer (the cassettes are identical) and see what happens.

------
"It's easy to be hard, it's hard to be smart"
Quote Reply

Prev Next