Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sram Quarq Power Meter Question
Quote | Reply
Bought a new canyon CF disc with the quarq power meter and was wondering if you can swap JUST the crank arms on this PM model? I cant find a clear answer online but wanted to swap the arms from 170 to 165mm without having to buy a whole new one.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram Quarq Power Meter Question [ericdelgRLS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes you can. You need something like this https://r2-bike.com/...B-Power-Meter-Spider
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericdelgRLS wrote:
Bought a new canyon CF disc with the quarq power meter and was wondering if you can swap JUST the crank arms on this PM model? I cant find a clear answer online but wanted to swap the arms from 170 to 165mm without having to buy a whole new one.

not a straightforward answer: for older SRAM powermeter, if you change the crank arm length, you would need to send the powermeter to factory for re-calibration. with the new ones, i dont know but for sure you need to ask.
other powermeters like Power2Max are indipendent of the crank arm length

just send an email to tech support
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As others have said - hit up their tech support. You can even call and talk to someone - they are super responsive and top notch. If it's a newer DZero - the answer should be yes, but you would have to buy from SRAM anyway - so you're going to wind up talking to their tech support regardless.

Best of luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram Quarq Power Meter Question [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to add clarity. Been there done that, like 3-4 times. Other comments are applicable to very old quarq versions that required calibration after doing it. Even then, you could do it at home with an accurate weight. But that has not been the case since I believe Elsa and rikken, which were released like 8 years ago
Quote Reply