Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Data-How to look at specific times for averages for 20 min interval
Quote | Reply
Did a warm up, hit "lap" then rode a 20 min all out. Sadly, my auto 5 mile lap was triggered as well. When I was done my 20 minutes I hit stop. Now, I want to get specific data from that 20 mins and I can't seem to figure out how to do that while in Garmin Connect on a desktop. I can check "laps" on my app, and get a better picture of doing the 5 mile lap + final section for my total 20 minutes, but I just want to highlight and get the data for only the 20 minutes. Thanks

I appreciate your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Data-How to look at specific times for averages for 20 min interval [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can load the file into Strava or Golden Cheetah it's fairy straightforward to select a 20min segment. Worst case you could export to a csv file and use Excel.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Data-How to look at specific times for averages for 20 min interval [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go to Garmin Connect, view the activity details.
Find the area you care about and drag to view stats. Once you release your drag on any area below the activity view will crop and show you stats for only the snippet you highlighted.

You could also pick from the 'Max Average' dropdown and pick the best 20 minutes to see your effort exactly snipped to 20 minutes.
Last edited by: kppolich: Feb 24, 21 18:56
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Data-How to look at specific times for averages for 20 min interval [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even more specifically, when you click on a cycling activity, it will default to the 'stats' screen. Then, scroll down to the power information and just click on the drop down for "Max Average" which is along the power data. You don't have to search out for the best, Garmin will and auto-populates it for you along with corresponding HR/speed/elevation or whatever your custom charts are.

This is done when you click on any one of the drop downs, including 20 min average *(the others are: 5sec, 1min, 5min 20min, custom), the data automatically populates to that segment with the 'best average' for that ride. The average for that chosen interval is noted right next to the drop down, followed by the time stamp -so it might looks like:
219w (0:05-20:04)

Then click on the double sided arrow in the upper right box and it will expand it to the entire screen. You can add overlays to that screen also.

*(But, TBH, I use GC too...as my main source of power data processing)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Data-How to look at specific times for averages for 20 min interval [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kppolich wrote:
Go to Garmin Connect, view the activity details.
Find the area you care about and drag to view stats. Once you release your drag on any area below the activity view will crop and show you stats for only the snippet you highlighted.

You could also pick from the 'Max Average' dropdown and pick the best 20 minutes to see your effort exactly snipped to 20 minutes.

Thanks,
I'll try it again. I was doing essentially what you are showing, but it didn't seem to work. Maybe I was doing something wrong.
Appreciate the graphic.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Data-How to look at specific times for averages for 20 min interval [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks-Appreciate the response.
Quote Reply