Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Herd Immunity & Covid Mutations [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Where is that guy anyway?

I think he's hanging with JSA somewhere.

Last Logged On Feb 3, 21 19:40

He’s been posting over on the other forum.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Herd Immunity & Covid Mutations [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last I had read was that the current vaccines protected against the variants. Apparently that’s not the case. Now we have to get boosters for each variant. Ugh.
Last edited by: TimeIsUp: Feb 24, 21 15:35
Quote Reply
Re: Herd Immunity & Covid Mutations [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t care if we have to get boosters. I just want these damn vaccines available immediately everywhere. Is that asking too much?

I’d be happy to get a booster every 6 months or year if all I had to do was swing by my grocery store pharmacy. At that point, it’s just like the flu shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Last I had read was that the current vaccines protected against the variants. Apparently that’s not the case. Now we have to get boosters for each variant. Ugh.

Well, there's some immune memory, as otherwise also any common cold virus would kill you (and it can kill those with compromised immune memory).
So even if you don't have the specific immunity, you probably just get ummm? less sick?

So all those who had screamed 'total protection' are now having to back-pedal and issue statements such as 'we didn't know any better, but we are sure we did know'.
But not proud of this prediction coming true faster than I expected.

There are some 'resident experts' here, who can't conduct a civilized discussion.
I don't really get any professional credits for community outreach on a Triathlon forum, and I really don't need to engage in pissing contests to feel valid as a Scientist.

But glad to see that people here stay on top of this. The more we know and learn about the Science, the better off we are.
Last edited by: windschatten: Feb 24, 21 16:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
I don’t care if we have to get boosters. I just want these damn vaccines available immediately everywhere. Is that asking too much?

I’d be happy to get a booster every 6 months or year if all I had to do was swing by my grocery store pharmacy. At that point, it’s just like the flu shot.

Available “immediately, everywhere”? Yeah, that’s probably asking a bit too much, but I get the point of urgency. I’m still scratching my head how I’m an “essential worker” yet people whose only defining class is being obese can be in line before me. Essential work, expendable worker more like it. On the bright side, my employer just announced a $125 stipend for those that prove they received both shots. Woohoo!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a big debate about the "essential workers" title here. People making minimum wage at grocery stores, fast food etc were pissed because they were apparently deemed essential yet barely get paid enough to live. They did not realize what you said, that it is not them as people who are essential, it was the work that they were performing.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It sounds like Brazil is going through a very hard time with a new variant which may be evading immunity provided by past infections.
https://www.bbc.com/...tin-america-56288548
Quote Reply

Prev Next