Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Power meters on gravel bike [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same setup on same bike. Actually, the Quarq was on a couple prior bikes and endured countless abuse without a hitch https://www.instagram.com/p/CJyalcTlBfN/
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Feb 25, 21 12:25
Quote Reply
Re: Power meters on gravel bike [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! It's been a treat to have so far and seems to live for the dust, mud, and water I have ridden it through within the past ~6mo of ownership.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Power meters on gravel bike [sake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not what I'd call a consensus method, but there are some 46/30 chainrings that fit 110 BCD cranksets using a combination of changing the mounting bolts and offsetting the chainline to the inside. I'm using these ones from BikinGreen on Ebay on a Quarq DZero, and have no clearance or interference problems. They don't shift quite so fast as my normal road or cyclocross chainrings, but some of that's probably inevitable from the 16t gap. The offset chainline is fine, and frankly is pretty similar to some of the older touring/randonneur thinking about having the innermost ring as a granny gear that you only use with the lowest half or so of the cassette.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So which bottom bracket do you order that with? I thought the trek had the BB90 bottom bracket and that is not an option for the Quark DUB versions? Or am I missing something?

Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: Power meters on gravel bike [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kppolich wrote:
Quarq Dzero
Yup. I have a DZero Carbon on my cross bike. Absolutely bombproof and reliable.
Quote Reply
Re: Power meters on gravel bike [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryans wrote:
So which bottom bracket do you order that with? I thought the trek had the BB90 bottom bracket and that is not an option for the Quark DUB versions? Or am I missing something?

BB86 DUB BB for my Checkpoint since I built up an ALR frame.

For the SL frame, you would have to run a GXP BB and crank since SRAM has not made a DUB BB that is BB90 compatible - I'm not sure they can do it which is why they haven't.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Power meters on gravel bike [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
I have the FSA Powerbox on my gravel bike, seems to work really well.
Same here which are two more votes for Power2Max (same system just rebadged)
Quote Reply
Re: Power meters on gravel bike [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's right the FSA is a rebadged Power2Max, I went with FSA because they have very good US based customer service in case I would ever need it (which so far thankfully I have not), but I did have some questions regarding different chainring compatibility, I called and got someone on the phone right away that was both very knowledgeable and very helpful.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I am still trying to figure out BB standards.

Now I have a good idea on how I can add a QUark to my Checkpoint. Might give myself a little spring present to make the gravel training rides even more fun!

Ryan
Quote Reply

Prev Next