Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need some new Hokas: Mach 4 or Rincon 2
Quote | Reply
I have run in the Rincon 1 and liked them but I see the Mach 4 getting a lot of love from reviewers. To be used as a daily trainer for now.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Need some new Hokas: Mach 4 or Rincon 2 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both shoes are really good. Depends on the ride you're looking for out of them. I'd find the new Mach to be a slightly softer experience compared to the Rincon.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Need some new Hokas: Mach 4 or Rincon 2 [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Both shoes are really good. Depends on the ride you're looking for out of them. I'd find the new Mach to be a slightly softer experience compared to the Rincon.

I have both Rincon 1 and Mach 2 and found Mach 2 to be a slightly harsher ride.
One big difference seems to be the width of the toebox. If you have have narrower feet, Mach 2 is too roomy. I prefer Rincon 1.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Last edited by: alex_korr: Feb 24, 21 6:53
Quote Reply
Re: Need some new Hokas: Mach 4 or Rincon 2 [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reviews have said the Mach 4 is far cushier than previous versions. I also have EE wide feet so the roomier the better.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Need some new Hokas: Mach 4 or Rincon 2 [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's where the old Mach sat. New one is basically a Clifton 1 in terms of cushioning.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Need some new Hokas: Mach 4 or Rincon 2 [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Yeah, that's where the old Mach sat. New one is basically a Clifton 1 in terms of cushioning.

Oh interesting. I'll check it out once it goes on sale.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GMAN,

I am in the exact same situation. I have had the Rincon 1 and 2 with really no issues, but would probably like just a tad more shoe. The Machs through 3 just haven't done it for me, but I am optimistic to try the 4. I liked the old Clifton through the 3, but none since. I use the Rincon for most of my daily and long runs. Next % for speed (oxymoron these days)and long runs in race build up. I'm trying to limp my last Rincons through until I can try on the Mach 4!

I'd also love to hear anyone else's experience (not what you have read).

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I know is that the Mach 4 is much different from the Rincon 2. Mach 4 is great if you want a relatively cushy but responsive shoe. It's much different from the Mach 1 which took forever to break in for me, I'm still using it in my rotation for speed days.

If you've run in the Rincon 1 and like it, just buy that. The Rincon 2 isn't even marginally different. The upper is probably 5% different, the midsole and outsole is the exact same. But the midsole cushion durability is the exact same as the 1. Although I'm 215lbs right now and didn't have the same issues as some 120lbers have had.

But if you've run in the Mach 1, the Mach 4 is a completely different shoe. People are throwing it up against the Endorphin Speed, The Hyperion Tempo, etc.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: TheStroBro: Feb 24, 21 7:43
Quote Reply
Re: Need some new Hokas: Mach 4 or Rincon 2 [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

But if you've run in the Mach 1, the Mach 4 is a completely different shoe. People are throwing it up against the Endorphin Speed, The Hyperion Tempo, etc.

I very much agree. Mach 4 is a very versatile daily trainer and Hoka put together what I believe will be one of 2021 best selling shoe. At $130 you have a confortable, rather light shoe that you can take for everything from recovery runs to tempo paces. The midsole is plush but the outsole is firm and the combination provides with something really enjoyable. If you're interested I've shared my first impressions in a YT video (link in my signature).

To me Rincon has not many valid arguments against the Mach 4.

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Last edited by: captainolek: Mar 2, 21 13:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rincon 2 compared to 1 is near identical except upper; slight gamble for potential reward for the machs, no risk with the rincon 2. that being said, for a daily trainer I'd shoot mach, but thats my preference for a softer daily trainer (I use rincon for tempo and speedwork and clifton for most else bar racing)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I have run in the Rincon 1 and liked them but then I started to do sports betting in Canada parimatchca.com. Bet on football, basketball, golf see the Mach 4 getting a lot of love from reviewers. To be used as a daily trainer for now.

Both shoes are great, but if I have to choose I'd choose Rincon 1 probably.
Last edited by: karla: Mar 23, 21 7:04
Quote Reply
Re: Need some new Hokas: Mach 4 or Rincon 2 [captainolek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you help me with sizing on the Mach 4? Hoka sizing has always been weird for me - Rincon 1 & 2 - 12, Mach 2 - 11.5, Clayton - 12.5, Clifton 12.5, Speedgoat - 12.

Thank you,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Need some new Hokas: Mach 4 or Rincon 2 [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run in 11.5 speedgoats and Mach 4s are size 11 and the fit is good.

Therefore I would say 11.5 for you

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply