Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ls this ever gonna end?
Quote | Reply
When are we all gonna fix this??

More insanity from police who are clearly not up to the task of responding to nuanced and emotionally challenging situations. So another completely needless death:

https://www.cnn.com/...eath-trnd/index.html

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: ls this ever gonna end? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Helicopters were circling above our neighborhood on Sunday night, announcing that they were looking for a 16 year old boy in T shirt & pants. It was 11:30 pm. Apparently he was in some kind of trouble & ran away from home. We were supposed to call 911 if we saw him. I was sleepless anyway, so I stood outside for a while. I was thinking about whether I would call 911 or not. I don’t think I automatically would.

It would be terrible to be the person who calls for help in these situations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

More insanity from police who are clearly not up to the task of responding to nuanced and emotionally challenging situations. So another completely needless death:

https://www.cnn.com/...eath-trnd/index.html

"These Antioch police officers had already handcuffed Angelo but did not stop their assault on the young man and inexplicably began using the 'George Floyd' technique of placing a knee on the back and side of his neck, ignoring Mr. Quinto pleas of 'please don't kill me,'" Burris said.

That department has one of the worst reputations in the Bay Area to start with.
But actually using the "George Floyd' technique shows more than tone-deafness, it shows willful ignorance of the problem.

But lets not forget that our leaving all the public mental health issues to untrained and ill qualified police officers, makes us an accessory.

It's not that we need to de-fund Police, we need to fund and mandate structures and authorities that provide mental health assistance in challenging public safety situations.

As long as we don't push for that, we are in fact supporting a growing problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Follow-up post in about 3-4 months' time:

"A grand jury has determined that no charges should be filed against the officers involved."
Quote Reply
Re: ls this ever gonna end? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
But lets not forget that our leaving all the public mental health issues to untrained and ill qualified police officers, makes us an accessory.

It's not that we need to de-fund Police, we need to fund and mandate structures and authorities that provide mental health assistance in challenging public safety situations.

I could not agree more.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: ls this ever gonna end? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:

Yet another one of society's problems directly linked to the Reagan administration...

OK, more Kennedy and LBJ but Reagan did his best to make it worse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

When a critical mass of White America decides it is worth fixing. Not a moment sooner.
Quote Reply