Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Biksportmichigan reviews New one on the way?
Quote | Reply
Hi, Tom I am looking into a new tri bike for this year and am wondering if you have any tri reviews comeing up on your site in the next short while?
Quote Reply
Re: Biksportmichigan reviews New one on the way? [logan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The reviews I have nearly completed, and have been working on for some time, are the Softride Rocket TT and the Litespeed Saber. Both were very difficult to write since the bikes themselves are complex. Also, becasue our site is now getting over 60,000 hits per month we've decided to include more depth and detail in the reviews themselves. I anticipate both to be up within 2 weeks. I hope you find them useful and informative.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Biksportmichigan reviews New one on the way? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, I will look forward to reading them.

By the way, have the Cervelo duals arrived yet? If so what is your impression of them?
Quote Reply
Re: Biksportmichigan reviews New one on the way? [logan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have a number sold and a large number on order but haven't seen any yet. I anticipate them shortly (next 4 weeks).

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Saber review had better be glowing...seeing as how I don'r even have mine yet. ;-)

(BTW - thanks for ordering it ahead of my being P.I.F.!)

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Re: Biksportmichigan reviews New one on the way? [MattMiz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, let me give you a minor preview: The biggest challenge I faced writing this was not to "gush" too much. I had to find a reasonable balance and it was hard because I like the bike so much. Part of the reason I do like the bike is it seems to fit me rather well. Reviews that say "Oh, this bike is the be-all and end-all of cycling, best ever made, stiff AND comfortable, blah, blah, blah..." are pretty worthless. The problem with the Saber review is- the bike is one of my favorites if it fits you. There were a couple minor criticisms though... Stay tuned.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, I see - that's good to know! I've got a Litespeed Unicoi MTB that fits like a glove - seems that Litespeed generally fit long-torsoed or similarly odd-shaped people like me quite well. I think you may have mentioned this in another review (Vortex?) Anyway you slice it, I sure can't wait to get mine! The bike lust alone from my mates on the Saturday ride will more than make it worth it.

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you fit people for a bike that they havnt seen. I ask because I have nearly decided to get a dual but am concerned about fit issues. Are you of the opinion that there are enough sizing options that fit should not be an issue?
Quote Reply