Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [USATRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve seen it on social media bug has anyone mounted these on a Cervelo p5 disc ? Did you use the ex11 mount or something else ?

Secondly, has anyone ever seen data or been in a wind tunnel with these ? I know Jim at Euro mentioned he was going to in his social media once but didn’t mention it again.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK Gearmuncher wrote:
Secondly, has anyone ever seen data or been in a wind tunnel with these ? I know Jim at Euro mentioned he was going to in his social media once but didn’t mention it again.
Jim actually did post this awhile ago. It's fairly specific and not necessarily a direct comparison but it's maybe the best data point out there. This was also for the old Scoops Ult. I suspect the new ones would perform slightly better.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
UK Gearmuncher wrote:

Jim actually did post this awhile ago. It's fairly specific and not necessarily a direct comparison but it's maybe the best data point out there. This was also for the old Scoops Ult. I suspect the new ones would perform slightly better.

Thanks for the link. I took a look. As you say, not a direct comparison because you can see in one of Jim’s photos the rider had been stretched out changing both his arm angles and back profile. That could easily account for the 10w gain. Helpful to see something though.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [USATRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried these on a Trek Speed Concept?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:

I'm not clear on that post. It reads like the change to get from 0.216 to 0.206 was a narrowing of pad width, and I can't figure out if it was using the old Scoops, the Ultimate, or the style of scoop was changed in addition to the pad width?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
realbdeal wrote:

I'm not clear on that post. It reads like the change to get from 0.216 to 0.206 was a narrowing of pad width, and I can't figure out if it was using the old Scoops, the Ultimate, or the style of scoop was changed in addition to the pad width?
The idea is that they narrowed the pads with the standard scoops, which was faster but too uncomfortable to ride. They then put the scoops ultimate on but in the previous wider pads position and it was just as fast as the other pads in the narrow position.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Benjamin for all the info. I have been looking at those but didn't go ahead as I was afraid my arms were too thin and short so interesting to see that they work for your wife although she does seem taller than I am. Looking at the measurements, it seems that they are 33cm long whereas it's 31cm from the center of my palm to the tip of my elbow. Do you think dealing with "extra scoop" behind the elbows would be a problem?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
realbdeal wrote:

Looking at the photos though, the reach had clearly changed (stretched out) so I wouldn't associate any drop in drag to do with the lateral distances of the pads alone (and could actually be a confounding or antagonising factor).
Last edited by: UK Gearmuncher: May 31, 23 0:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Two new dragonfly options that are available for purchase separately: one with the BTA mount ($275) and one without ($250). Before I knew this existed I was probably going to just chop off the extension clamps on my aluminum dragonfly. That would still be pretty much the same thing but this is obviously cleaner.

Any tips on how to do this on the extension clamps? I find it hard to justify $280-$290 for the optimized aluminum dragonfly.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [mkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mkb wrote:
realbdeal wrote:
Two new dragonfly options that are available for purchase separately: one with the BTA mount ($275) and one without ($250). Before I knew this existed I was probably going to just chop off the extension clamps on my aluminum dragonfly. That would still be pretty much the same thing but this is obviously cleaner.

Any tips on how to do this on the extension clamps? I find it hard to justify $280-$290 for the optimized aluminum dragonfly.

I’d just take it to a local machine shop. They’d probably bandsaw off the clamps and then clean it up on a milling machine.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply

Prev Next