Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Don’t touch my chickens! [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just thought you might like some actual information to go along with all of that incoherent babbling you are so fond of.

It's OK, there are still men in the world to take care of all the things that you're a bit too delicate to handle.
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t touch my chickens! [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well that was adorable, thanks for posting

kitty's not happy but he's not arguing. Mom looks oddly changed.
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t touch my chickens! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Damn, when l look at the beautiful face of that proud cat, just living its life and doing its very best to survive through a harsh winter, even if l had to eat NOTHING for a week, l still would not kill it.

I'm betting that you'd discover how wrong you are after not eating for a week. I know a lot of people that used to love deer until their garden and winter provisions were decimated.
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t touch my chickens! [justcallmejoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
76 days following a wild Lynx in a Canadian winter. And the cat sort of befriends the cameraman.

Simply unsurpassed power, speed, and beauty:

(6 min. video)

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justcallmejoe wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Damn, when l look at the beautiful face of that proud cat, just living its life and doing its very best to survive through a harsh winter, even if l had to eat NOTHING for a week, l still would not kill it.

I'm betting that you'd discover how wrong you are after not eating for a week. I know a lot of people that used to love deer until their garden and winter provisions were decimated.

Exactly. I keep telling my wife there is a reason why God gave us the means to kill pests. Her argument is God gave us the means to buy groceries. Bout ready to divorce her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justcallmejoe wrote:

You know someone in modern life who wasn't able to eat for like a week? I've had some excessively-low calorie situations on mountaineering trips gone south, but never full-up starvation.

I just happen to be reading a non-fiction book about some American sailors (early 1800s) who shipwrecked on the coast of Africa and got made slaves of nomadic Arabs who found them. The highlights of the their day are when a camel urinates so they can cups their hands under the stream and get some liquid (it was better than their own urine, which they were already drinking). Best feast was when a lame camel was slaughtered, and they could cup their hands under the neck artery that was cut and drink up. Apparently the goo in the camel hump is absolutely fantastic too.
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t touch my chickens! [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read DSW's post, his exact sentiment was that he'd happily not eat for a week rather than kill the lynx. I'll bet he couldn't carry on with day to day activities for more than a couple of days before he needs to reduce his day to activities due to a lack of energy.

BTW, the vegan/vegetarian defence isn't valid either, predators are generally not a problem for most ag operations, otoh - depredation by cervids and fowl is a very real problem. I have 3 chokecherry bushes I have never harvested from because the birds have stripped it before I could harvest the berries myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can manage 60 hours without food (not without water) without much difficulty. If l could save an animal as incredible as a Lynx by going a few days longer, l would do what it takes to manage.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brave talk from behind the comfort of a keyboard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uh, ... ok.

I think you and l have completely different ideas as to what is "brave".

Because (voluntarily) going without food for a few hours does not fit the category for me. It's not super hard.

--
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t touch my chickens! [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is another one:

This video was taken at Mac island, which is where we run a couple times a week.

Apparently it has set up camp in the washrooms which are closed in the winter....this is where we all stop for a quick pee mid run, lol.

Basically this is a multi field large facility right next to downtown.

PSA don’t watch if you have a soft spot for ducks.

https://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/...-kamloops-1.24286422

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Don’t touch my chickens! [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DAMN.

I like ducks and lynx, but that is some unreal speed.

A magnificent hunter.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had to watch it 3 times to see the lynx attack....that is definitely not a hungry/malnourished/cold lynx.

On a side note that is the largest multi field facility in western Canada...we host very large soccer and baseball tournaments in the summer...it generates pretty significant revenue for the city.

The ducks and geese have become residential over the past 4 years (no longer migrate) and cause significant problems (the adult geese are more aggressive and dangerous than this lynx).

I would say he’s doing the tax payer a favour.

Maurice
Quote Reply

Prev Next