Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Angela Naeth Tri Dating App [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
The narrative arc is amazing, still can't believe it is real. Just perfect starting from tragedy and dispair. Then the build up where the protagonist starts climbing up the mountain step by step. Then ultimate victory. Then the twist!

When you put it that way, it kinda sounds like Run, Fat Boy, Run

Which, of course, it's not

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Angela Naeth Tri Dating App [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I had never seen that thread. Pretty nuts. I had seen a couple of other course cutters but not that one.

I'm only on page 7 at this point and it is really heating up. I love it!
Quote Reply
Re: Angela Naeth Tri Dating App [Tri2gohard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s like a triathlon telenovela.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I had never seen that thread. Pretty nuts. I had seen a couple of other course cutters but not that one.

Oh come on....how many decades have you been here?
Quote Reply
Re: Angela Naeth Tri Dating App [fishgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nearly as long as slowman.
Quote Reply
Re: Angela Naeth Tri Dating App [fishgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fishgo wrote:
Francois wrote:

Francois has taken many breaks from ST. This likely happened in one of his breaks.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Angela Naeth Tri Dating App [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
chaparral wrote:
TiDriver wrote:
j p o wrote:
Is this exclusively to arrange threesomes?

Don't forget about transitions. I think I remember they're part of the game too.

That T3 thread was such a roller coaster. You could never have predicted that ending.

C'mon now!!!

Referencing the T3 Thread without providing the link is just LAZY

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=4092051#p4092051

Damn it I just re-read most of that thread. Can't believe it's been like 9 years ago. I was bored though thanks for helping me kill an hour.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
It’s like a triathlon telenovela.

This is a very accurate description.

I've now wasted two hours I can't get back. One on this thread and another on various triathlon and marathon course cutters.

People that go to these lengths are unwell.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:

Oh yeah ....If there was a Slowtwitch Thread Hall of Fame this would be a slam dunk first -ballot inductee..lol
Quote Reply
Re: Angela Naeth Tri Dating App [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
fishgo wrote:
Francois wrote:

Francois has taken many breaks from ST. This likely happened in one of his breaks.

Let's be honest, has he taken many breaks or has he been given many breaks? ;)

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Angela Naeth Tri Dating App [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
fishgo wrote:
Francois wrote:

Let's be honest, has he taken many breaks or has he been given many breaks? ;)

I could be wrong but I don't think he's been banned at all.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
renorider wrote:
After achieving your unforgettable fame as a, um, single-sport athlete?

Golf clap

One handed, no doubt

Glove or no glove?

If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit.
Quote Reply
Re: Angela Naeth Tri Dating App [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i'm bummed that no one caught or commented on your FTW post here.

Some things are just seared into our collective memory :)

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: Angela Naeth Tri Dating App [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
RandMart wrote:
chaparral wrote:
TiDriver wrote:
j p o wrote:
Is this exclusively to arrange threesomes?

Don't forget about transitions. I think I remember they're part of the game too.

That T3 thread was such a roller coaster. You could never have predicted that ending.

C'mon now!!!

Referencing the T3 Thread without providing the link is just LAZY

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=4092051#p4092051

Damn it I just re-read most of that thread. Can't believe it's been like 9 years ago. I was bored though thanks for helping me kill an hour.

I just re-read it as well and to show how bad my memory is, I had completely forgotten about the cheating part. I came very close to looking into if she has done any subsequent races, but sanity finally took over.
Quote Reply
Re: Angela Naeth Tri Dating App [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
RandMart wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
renorider wrote:

Golf clap

One handed, no doubt

Glove or no glove?

If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit.

No glove, no love.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
renorider wrote:

Golf clap

One handed, no doubt

Glove or no glove?

You know the rule.

No glove, no love.

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Re: Angela Naeth Tri Dating App [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's been a lot of fun, but I think I wanna bring it back around to the OP

A dating app focused on triathletes? Hmmmm

Consider the source population: aren't Triathletes notoriously self-centered, selfish, and ego-driven? Basically - assholes?

This would explain why the market they're reaching out to are SINGLE to start with = the previous partner had enough of their shit

I've posted before about couples I've known where Iron-Hubby and Iron-Wifey is now Iron-Ex

Of course, there's the salacious intrigue of two very fit people hooking up - without a doubt, at least ONE of them would find it fantastic - but is it sustainable?

Much the same as gyms make the most money by people who buy memberships but never go; dating apps make money from people who try to meet a partner, FAIL, then try again

Triathletes are not well known for accepting failure

For my OWN situation

Online Dating is not even remotely in the picture; just looking at a woman in person and saying "Hi!" would be a struggle

No, I lie here - I'm that guy who sees someone staring at the options in the Pasta Aisle and ask "Do you need help?"

When D'Kid & I get our own place, I'll have to find a new gym, so who knows what that could bring?

As I've said before, a tech race shirt works pretty well as an Invisibility Cloak, only seen by Other
Runners - "Oh! You did Broad Street?"

I might find friendship, possibly romance (leading to sex?); but trust and love are out the window

Last edited by: RandMart: Feb 27, 21 19:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would be tough to invest any money in this as I don’t see how the field could be large enough to support such a thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m not sure how to interpret some of this. Online dating is not in the picture? I hope not, as I’m pretty sure you’re married if prior posts are any indication.

But you mention getting your own place with D’Kid which makes me wonder if you have recently transitioned marriage wise. If so, I’m sorry. I’m truly not trying to be a dick, but as I mentioned I’m a bit confused.

*I’m going to add to my post vs. delete the prior. If you have suffered family upheaval then I am sorry. I didn’t intend to be insensitive. You’ve always seemed like a good and cool dude on ST. I wish you nothing g but the best moving forward whatever you do.
Last edited by: chriskal: Feb 27, 21 20:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m really sorry, Randy. You’ve had some misfortune in love. Knowing you, you’ll find friendship, romance, trust and love. The whole kit and caboodle!

Stick to the pasta aisle— it’s free.
Hugs
Last edited by: CallMeMaybe: Feb 27, 21 20:43
Quote Reply
Re: Angela Naeth Tri Dating App [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
I’m not sure how to interpret some of this. Online dating is not in the picture? I hope not, as I’m pretty sure you’re married if prior posts are any indication.

But you mention getting your own place with D’Kid which makes me wonder if you have recently transitioned marriage wise. If so, I’m sorry. I’m truly not trying to be a dick, but as I mentioned I’m a bit confused.

*I’m going to add to my post vs. delete the prior. If you have suffered family upheaval then I am sorry. I didn’t intend to be insensitive. You’ve always seemed like a good and cool dude on ST. I wish you nothing but the best moving forward whatever you do.

Yes, "transition" would be the good word here; I haven't had the courage to drop a new thread about what's been going on

Marriage is over- she's filing so I expect the papers soon - but we're all three living together until we sell the house and move on

Thanks for the good words

Quote Reply
Re: Angela Naeth Tri Dating App [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
I’m really sorry, Randy. You’ve had some misfortune in love.

Yeah, Jane, but I've gotten some GREAT stories out of it all!!!

And more to come, I'm sure!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Consider the source population: aren't Triathletes notoriously self-centered, selfish, and ego-driven? Basically - assholes?

---
Not in my experience. Not even remotely close. Pretty much every triathlete I've ever met has been friendly, happy-go-lucky, I'm just glad to be here kind of type. Guys that bring a cooler and share beer with strangers. Ladies with constant smiles on their faces. I've never met the prototypical tri person that you described but people say exist.

As for an app, it seems like a horrible idea to just limit yourself to just triathletes. That's a rather small population with limited opportunity. Most people find triathlon when they are a bit older and established.

For you, don't rush things. Take care of yourself and D'Kid. If/ When things happen, go with it.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm sorry to hear of your change in circumstances. you'll meet a great lady through music.
Quote Reply

Prev Next