Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Critique and assistance with bike fit - 21 Feb 21 [DhobiWanKenobi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DhobiWanKenobi wrote:
Finally managed to make some adjustments!

Saddle brought forward 3 cm, raised 5 mm, and arm pads pushed forward 2 cm. Also added a small spacer to the mono riser.

https://vimeo.com/520073420
Saddle is a touch too high. Drop it 5 mm.

How does this feel compared to prior position?

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Critique and assistance with bike fit - 21 Feb 21 [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks, I’ll get that saddle lowered.

Probably wasn’t the best idea but I had a 2.5 hour session on the trainer today, which I did after making the changes. But it actually felt great. I’m not experienced with this position but I was able to remain in position for the majority of the workout fairly comfortably, so it certainly fills me with confidence.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique and assistance with bike fit - 21 Feb 21 [DhobiWanKenobi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Starting to think I should have gone for a large frame![/quote]
How tall are you? I figured it was a large. I definitely feel like you should be on a large, but I AM NOT a fitter. You look like your 6'3 or bigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Critique and assistance with bike fit - 21 Feb 21 [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 6’0, and was recommended a medium by the fitter I saw and Canyon after sales care. But currently my pads are as far forward as they can go, as are my extensions - although after contacting Canyon they are sending out longer extensions.

I am tempted to get in touch with them again and ask for the basebar wit the longer stem, which hopefully would bring me back to the middle of the fit range and give me room for manoeuvre.
Quote Reply

Prev Next