Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Coeur D’Alene lodging recommendations?
Quote | Reply
Started to look at lodging for IM CdA in the hopes that it happens. Looking at Air Bnb for a rental but was surprised to see minimal options and high prices (1000+ per night) for some available choices. Sad to see the price gouging. Any recommendations for areas around CdA that may be cheaper but nice areas and within easy distance for the race? Was hoping to find something on a lake for the kids and wife to enjoy.
Quote Reply
Re: Coeur D’Alene lodging recommendations? [vaughandvm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a local (also registered this year) there are deals to be found. But on the lake - lol. It’s not the race, or gouging, it’s just lakefront pricing. I know some folks that would be interested in renting out homes - nice, near downtown, but not on the lake. But also much less than $1000/night. Great family options. Feel free to pm me

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I usually stay about 15 miles from CDA in a hotel. Should be about $100 per night.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I raced in 2015, I stayed 15minutes away and could easily find free street parking within 2-3 minute walk from transition. I spent a few hours on Airbnb and hotels.com trying to find affordable options closer by and finally gave up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another local here. Stuff on the lake is definitely going to be expensive. As will most anything in the Sanders Beach and Fort Grounds (by NIC and the city park). There are a number of condos and apartments in the Riverstone area which will be a bit cheaper. You are right near the Spokane River, movie theater, shopping, restaurants, etc. and only 2 miles along a biking trail to get to the start area. There is also a new park being built right by there (Atlas Waterfront Park) which should be pretty far along by then.

The further you stay from the start the cheaper it will be. You could easily stay in Liberty Lake or Post Falls (there are condos and hotels near Q’emlin park which had a nice beach along the River) or up in Hayden and it will roughtly a 20 minute drive to the transition area. There is a lot of free parking on the streets around the start that wouldn’t be a long walk to the he transition.

As for things to do with the kids, check out Silverwood as well as Triple Play. Lots of stuff there to make your trip fun for them

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Coeur D’Alene lodging recommendations? [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am back in the fold as an Ironman Cd'A volunteer captain (haven't done the captain thing in a few years). We had a captain's meeting tonight and the word is that even after projected cancellations, there should be 3000-3100 people racing. That is more than ever in the past. I started thinking about lodging for all of those folks. It could get squeezy.

I live on the waterfront on Hayden Lake 14 miles from the Ironman swim start in Cd'A. Not too close to the race venue but not too far. I might have my downstairs available to rent...two bedrooms...one with queen sized bed and one with king sized bed. Full bath. The other room down there is the pain cave with treadmill and spin bike. Swim in Hayden Lake. I mention this in case any athlete (and their family) is in a world of hurt and finds themselves with no places to stay. The thought of renting hadn't occurred to me until I heard about the number of folks projected to race.

PM me if you find yourself in this predicament and want to discuss.
Last edited by: HaydenHunter: May 3, 21 22:20
Quote Reply