Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Extension for extensions?
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I have the Missile Pro Evo aerobar with J-bend extensiosn (link) on my bike.

Issue 1: It always bothered me that there wasn't more of an upwards bend at the end of the bars to grip onto (with a straight wrist).

Issue 2: After switching to Di2, the extensions now also suddenly seem a tad too short. The previous mechanical shift levers added quite a bit of length compared to the Di2 shifters. The extns are already mounted on the max length position.

So I'd like to solve both of these problems at once.
Pro does sell a set of ski-bend extensions for that bar, but whilst those would solve issue1, i have no indication that they would be any longer (issue 2).
I can't easily use any other aftermarket extensions, because that bar has a proprietary extensions shape (oval) with proprietary mounting interface.

So here's my question:
Is there any way to extend the bar on the front with a 2-5cm extender (that potentially also bends up a bit). Obviously that would have to be fixed to the original extensions somehow as well as accept the Di2 Shifters on the other end...

or should i just get a new bar and extensions altogether? ($$$)

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Last edited by: flogazo: Feb 18, 21 0:17
Quote Reply
Re: Extension for extensions? [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flogazo wrote:
Hi,
I have the Missile Pro Evo aerobar with J-bend extensiosn (link) on my bike.

Issue 1: It always bothered me that there wasn't more of an upwards bend at the end of the bars to grip onto (with a straight wrist).

Issue 2: After switching to Di2, the extensions now also suddenly seem a tad too short. The previous mechanical shift levers added quite a bit of length compared to the Di2 shifters. The extns are already mounted on the max length position.

So I'd like to solve both of these problems at once.
Pro does sell a set of ski-bend extensions for that bar, but whilst those would solve issue1, i have no indication that they would be any longer (issue 2).
I can't easily use any other aftermarket extensions, because that bar has a proprietary extensions shape (oval) with proprietary mounting interface.

So here's my question:
Is there any way to extend the bar on the front with a 2-5cm extender (that potentially also bends up a bit). Obviously that would have to be fixed to the original extensions somehow as well as accept the Di2 Shifters on the other end...

or should i just get a new bar and extensions altogether? ($$$)

My mind may be hazy on this but wasn't a potential solution to this issue to buy some of the extension clamps used on 3T aerobars and retrofit those to the missile bar ? That then allows you to use any conventional extension and get rid of Pro's proprietary hardware.
Quote Reply
Re: Extension for extensions? [UK Gearmuncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK Gearmuncher wrote:
My mind may be hazy on this but wasn't a potential solution to this issue to buy some of the extension clamps used on 3T aerobars and retrofit those to the missile bar ? That then allows you to use any conventional extension and get rid of Pro's proprietary hardware.

Uh, I like the idea.
Something like this, right?
https://www.3t.bike/...-on-basebar-150.html

Probably have to get the corresponding pads aswell - unless the distance of the two mounting holes is exactly the same as on the Missile.

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wattshop makes adapters for their fancy aero extensions. Might work to adapt to a standard clamps like 3T

Edit: Also check the open mold stuff that uses Pro-style extensions. PremierBike uses extensions like that and may be longer
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Feb 18, 21 2:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
flogazo wrote:
UK Gearmuncher wrote:

Uh, I like the idea.
Something like this, right?
https://www.3t.bike/...-on-basebar-150.html

Probably have to get the corresponding pads aswell - unless the distance of the two mounting holes is exactly the same as on the Missile.

That wasn't the 3T part I was thinking of but it might work. In addition, it might be worth looking at aftermarket suppliers such as Aerocoach's tilt block system being one example. That may work too (check with them though as I'm not 100% sure).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply