Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

361 Degrees Flame, Looks like a Next% knockoff
Quote | Reply

See for yourself. Vaporweave, foam midsole paint job?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Last edited by: Slowman: Feb 18, 21 14:30
Quote Reply
Re: 361 Degrees Flame, Looks like a Next% knockoff [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vaporweave is just Nike's name for ripstop nylon. I have tents made out of it from years ago. The printing on the side, the paint on the sole...imitation is the greatest compliment. Sort of disappointing 361 is trying to pass this off as an "android version" of the Next% without being original. Looks like Adidas-style PU pellets in the heel as well. Almost a hybrid of a Nike/Adidas style shoe, but nothing here really other than a copy-cat shoe technology.
Quote Reply
Re: 361 Degrees Flame, Looks like a Next% knockoff [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the midsole is PU.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Regardless of aesthetics, the reviewer had some very positive feedback:
- Fits better than the Next % (BTW, as mentioned "VaporWeave" is a widely available and used upper material. Nike just gave it a cool name)
- Most stable of all the 'super shoes'
- Rides as well as the Endorphin Pro
- The nitrogen-infused PU midsole has a good blend of rebound and cushioning
- At $160, is a great value (same price as TPU-plated Endorphin Speed)
- Competitive weight

As more and more brands introduce and further develop 'super shoes', the designs are going to become more convergent.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: 361 Degrees Flame, Looks like a Next% knockoff [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ShawnF wrote:

As someone who has put pro runners/triathletes to people looking to crush their 1 mile run for police academy or finish their first tri into super shoes being stable is a key thing. Especially if you're not as biomechanically gifted as some

We're seeing a lot of people turn away/switch from some of the other brands that are less sure under foot in favor of the Saucony Endorphin Pro. Currently it's the super shoe we have to backfill/reorder the most.

It's at this point in the shoe game, the Endorphin Pro is the shoe I'm going to choose if we race this season. As someone who pronates a bit, especially in the Rt foot, some of the other brands feel like I'm rolling off a log towards the medial side as I toe off the front of the shoe.

This is also a great price point for a super shoe racing flat. That alone will cause some to move off the shelf. All in all I think it's a pretty smart play by 361.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: 361 Degrees Flame, Looks like a Next% knockoff [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
We're seeing a lot of people turn away/switch from some of the other brands that are less sure under foot in favor of the Saucony Endorphin Pro. Currently it's the super shoe we have to backfill/reorder the most.

Yeah, these are so much better to run in than the friggin' AlphaFly.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: 361 Degrees Flame, Looks like a Next% knockoff [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
ShawnF wrote:

As someone who has put pro runners/triathletes to people looking to crush their 1 mile run for police academy or finish their first tri into super shoes being stable is a key thing. Especially if you're not as biomechanically gifted as some

It's at this point in the shoe game, the Endorphin Pro is the shoe I'm going to choose if we race this season. As someone who pronates a bit, especially in the Rt foot, some of the other brands feel like I'm rolling off a log towards the medial side as I toe off the front of the shoe.

This is also a great price point for a super shoe racing flat. That alone will cause some to move off the shelf. All in all I think it's a pretty smart play by 361.

Would you use the Endorphin Pro for an Ironman?
Quote Reply
Re: 361 Degrees Flame, Looks like a Next% knockoff [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:

Ironman's are the dumbest triathlon ever. haha

I think one needs to look at how fast one is capable of running in an IM. If you're a pro, top ag athlete sure, have at it. If you're running <3:45 yes for certain. After the 4h and greater time frame I think you need to start looking for a shoe that's comfortable, stable and allows you to avoid having your legs beat up as you spend longer and longer out there walk/running. Of course though as you walk/run go further and further from you capabilities the damage on your legs is going to be less and less and a super shoe is going to help you get to the finish line less and less.

You've got people who are going to be spending 4-6h on the run course, walk/running in the some of the least stable super shoes. Whoever thought that was a good idea is not a rocket scientist.

My last IM marathon was run in Asics Gel DS trainers at IMAZ in <3:45. There were points, several points in fact, were I was thinking I could have/should have chosen a shoe that had a bit more cushion for that course given the amount of concrete and how my feet were feeling.

Which is to say course selection should also play a role. Wildflower may be a course better suited to insert your non super shoe of choice where as Oside may be better suited to your super shoe of choice.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Feb 18, 21 11:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ShawnF wrote:
Regardless of aesthetics, the reviewer had some very positive feedback:
- Fits better than the Next % (BTW, as mentioned "VaporWeave" is a widely available and used upper material. Nike just gave it a cool name)
- Rides as well as the Endorphin Pro
- The nitrogen-infused PU midsole has a good blend of rebound and cushioning
- Competitive weight

Shawn

Fit is better - that will depend on the person wearing them
Most Stable - how was this tested to come to that conclusion or is that one persons opinion?
Rides as well as the Endo Pro - so for the person that Endo Pro rides poorly we would say it rides as bad as
Agreed
Agreed
Agreed

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ShawnF wrote:
As more and more brands introduce and further develop 'super shoes', the designs are going to become more convergent.

Sure but copying it right down to the print on the foam goes beyond convergence... it has the shoe color extend onto the foam and the foam "spec" printed on it. That'snot even trying to pretend.

Less surprising coming from a Chinese brand. It's the Landwind X7 of running shoes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
mdtrihard wrote:

Ironman's are the dumbest triathlon ever. haha

I think one needs to look at how fast one is capable of running in an IM. If you're a pro, top ag athlete sure, have at it. If you're running <3:45 yes for certain. After the 4h and greater time frame I think you need to start looking for a shoe that's comfortable, stable and allows you to avoid having your legs beat up as you spend longer and longer out there walk/running. Of course though as you walk/run go further and further from you capabilities the damage on your legs is going to be less and less and a super shoe is going to help you get to the finish line less and less.

You've got people who are going to be spending 4-6h on the run course, walk/running in the some of the least stable super shoes. Whoever thought that was a good idea is not a rocket scientist.

My last IM marathon was run in Asics Gel DS trainers at IMAZ in <3:45. There were points, several points in fact, were I was thinking I could have/should have chosen a shoe that had a bit more cushion for that course given the amount of concrete and how my feet were feeling.

Which is to say course selection should also play a role. Wildflower may be a course better suited to insert your non super shoe of choice where as Oside may be better suited to your super shoe of choice.

I do have a pair of Endorphin Speeds and like them alot. Are the Pros are more like a flat? If so then I wouldn't consider them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ShawnF wrote:

Not sure why this makes it into reviews or why anyone would care how well any shoe fit on some other guy's foot. Fit is the most individualized and personal thing about any shoe.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:

I do have a pair of Endorphin Speeds and like them alot. Are the Pros are more like a flat? If so then I wouldn't consider them.

The Pro's are their top of the line racing flat. The pro's have some of the same technology in them, but not as tricked out.
The platform underfoot is the same dimension.

If you like the Endorphin Speeds you'll probably like the Pro's. My only athletes in the speeds & pros really like their pros. Of course ymmv.

My advice is head to your local running shop, try the pro's on and see what you think.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will do that, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The endorphin pro has a much firmer ride than the speeds. I have both shoes and while I really like the speeds I don’t like the pros at all. The ride is just too firm. I will be sticking with the softer ride of the Nike vaporfly for races Just my opinion, I am a bit older at 48, but I’ve heard the same thing from others.
Last edited by: J7: Feb 18, 21 15:55
Quote Reply
Re: 361 Degrees Flame, Looks like a Next% knockoff [J7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J7 wrote:
The endorphin pro has much firmer than the speeds. I have both shoes and while I really like the speeds I don’t like the pros at all. The ride is just too firm. I will be sticking with the softer ride of the Nike vaporfly for races Just my opinion, I am a bit older at 48, but I’ve heard the same thing from others.

I remember reading that before. They do sound a bit too firm for me and I'm much older than you. Ha!
Quote Reply
Re: 361 Degrees Flame, Looks like a Next% knockoff [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
ShawnF wrote:

Not sure why this makes it into reviews or why anyone would care how well any shoe fit on some other guy's foot. Fit is the most individualized and personal thing about any shoe.

What he might mean by fit is the shape of the shoe, the volume of the uppers or toe box, how tall the toe box is or isn't, how it wraps the foot etc.

The fit of a shoe is different than how the shoe fits.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aren't all those attributes different for differently shaped feet? And thus anyone else could have their own opinion of the shoes fit?

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Synthetic is going to have a conniption when he sees this cheater technology coming through in lower priced shoes.

Surprised he hasn't commented already.
Quote Reply
Re: 361 Degrees Flame, Looks like a Next% knockoff [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Aren't all those attributes different for differently shaped feet? And thus anyone else could have their own opinion of the shoes fit?

Stick 10 people into a shoe and you'll get 11 different opinions on how the shoe fits them. In the shoe reviews I've written in the past I'd say something such I love how this shoe feels when running it's springy, light and runs fast. 6 people would tell me I'm a moron and the shoe feels like a 2x4. I could have written that the shoe runs like a 2x4 and 6 other people would have told me I'm a moron bc the shoe is light, bouncy and runs fast. There is only losing when writing a shoe review hahaha!

Yet the fit of the shoe could be it has a wide(r) toe box or taller uppers, or a narrow heel. The fit of a shoe impacts how and who the shoe will fit.

For example the NB 840's fit is wide & voluminous. If you have narrow feet it'll leave you swimming in the front of the shoe and it won't fit you well. If you wear a 2E in other brands you can often go with a D width in that shoe and you'll still like how it fits you.

Hope that helps.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply