Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vision MAS Aero Extensions
Quote | Reply
I currently have a Bianchi Aquila which has the integrated base bar made by Vision which uses the MAS style extensions. I had a bad elbow injury recently and need a more angled extension. It only came with the standard S-bend extensions and unfortunately the only other MAS compatible extensions are J-bend which I don’t think will be enough (and almost impossible to find to buy in any case) and because of the clamp style attachment of the extension I can’t use any after market ergonomic extensions. I have tried to email Vision a number of times and have not had any response so am hoping someone on here may be able to help. Do you know whether there are any of the other Vision extension setups (ie replace the bit circled in blue, item 3 - so would probably need to be the same size risers and bolt spacing) that would work with my base bar such as the TFA one which you can change the angle on (this would be the preference). Alternatively how safe would it be to get the MAS clamp (the bit in the red circle, item 6) welded to a different aero extension (by a professional) so that it could be used?

Quote Reply
Re: Vision MAS Aero Extensions [Aquila81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Vision spacers on the Aquila bar, like the Cannondale Superslice are a little different from the longer spacers that you get on the Vision Trimax which would give you the adjustability that you're after (and the ability to use a round pole). I wouldn't get the clamp removed and bonded back on - the simplest and cheapest thing to do would be to try and find the official J bend extensions if you can, and then add an angled wedge under the arm rest to create a more comfortable angle there, we (AeroCoach) also do an integrated extension (Ascalon) which is compatible but which may/may not be out of your price range.

I'd start by trying to get the J bend extensions as that would hopefully fix it a lot easier - you might be able to find those J bends as part of a set of Vision clip on bars which you could then remove?

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Vision MAS Aero Extensions [Aquila81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Kevin from Vision here,

I would be happy to help answer any questions. You can email me directly at Kevin@fullspeedahead.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision MAS Aero Extensions [Kevin@VisionUSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please do not go private messages, I also have the M.A.S. system and I'm interested in changing the extensions for longer ones (which sadly aren't available for this system) so any solution you might come up with I might be interested as well.

Thanks.

I eat bananas so I can go faster tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision MAS Aero Extensions [martinobanana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The extensions are still available for this system and can be found on Fsaproshop.com. We are still producing the 4D MAS system which is the same extensions and spacers used by Cannondale and Bianchi. We unforutantly do not have an angle adjustment or TFA mount for this system. We are also available to answer questions at 425-488-8653.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
295mm extensions (IIRC longest you're offering) are not long enough for me and so I was looking for some solution to that. Was thinking about buying other carbon extensions, cutting them and clamping with some DYI clamp however if you can think of better solution I would be happy to hear that.

(And that might be the solution also for the first post in this thread).

I eat bananas so I can go faster tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision MAS Aero Extensions [martinobanana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would never recommend cutting other extensions and clamping them on. They will not be designed and reinforced correctly to properly support weight and will most likely fail. You are correct and that is the longest length we offer for that bar. I have let our design team know that we have multiple customers looking for a solution. It may take a day or two for them to get back to me but if we have a better solution in development they will let me know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Kevin,

Did you ever get an answer on this question. I'm looking at an Aquila as well and would love to know if any adapters exist that would allow for newer arm cups and/or standard extensions to be used. Seems like a simple adapter to make if it's just that the spacer bolt spacing is different than something like the TFA or Si013 arm pads and spacers.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Vision MAS Aero Extensions [mccormas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have not made an adapter at this time. We are working as quickly as possible but with design, testing, and manufacturing time this is not a simple process.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Kevin-

Another M.A.S. question for you. I’m interested in a short aero bar for a 4D MAS road handlebar. It doesn’t seem you make this product. But looking at the assembly instructions for your regular mini clip-on and for the regular sized MAS aero bar, I get the impression you could install the short extensions onto the clamps for the full size. Is this the case? Would the extensions be the correct width for the bridge (not essential)? Thanks!

Eric

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Last edited by: ericlambi: Feb 3, 22 18:29
Quote Reply
Re: Vision MAS Aero Extensions [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The M.A.S system uses a completely different spacer and mounting system than any other bar we make. No other product we make would be compatible with the M.A.S bars. Bolt spacing, spacer width, and spacer shape are all different. We do have 270mm length extensions for the M.A.S bars.

Kevin
Quote Reply