Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo R3 + Wide Wheels/Tires Recommendation
Quote | Reply
I have a 2012 model year R3, and am looking to upgrade the wheels and tires. Ive been running traditional wheels and 23mm tires since I got the bike. Can anyone tell me with widest rim/tire combo that will comfortably fit?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo R3 + Wide Wheels/Tires Recommendation [BlueHen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could measure the frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assuming you're running rim brake? I've got the same frame and run 25mm "comfortably" (I've noticed some rub marks on the chainstay's but its not major)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo R3 + Wide Wheels/Tires Recommendation [gromaton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I am thinking dt Swiss 1400 dicut, or zipp 302, and trying to determine if they will fit.
Last edited by: BlueHen: Feb 14, 21 19:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2012 model year R3, and am looking to upgrade the wheels and tires. Ive been running traditional wheels and 23mm tires since I got the bike. Can anyone tell me with widest rim/tire combo that will comfortably fit?

I have an R3 from that era - and a 25mm tire BARELY (on certain rims - read on) fits in the fork crown. In fact, it's dependent on what wheels I am using - with some wheels(rims) I can only get a 23mm in there! This is with the 3T Funda fork that was stock on the R3's from that time. There is all kinds of room for the rear tire - You can fit a 28mm+ back there easily. The front fork is going to be your limiter.

It's funny how everything has changed now - to wider is better, and generally speaking it is. I ride my 25mm tires at about 75 - 80 psi and the bike feels awesome on smooth pavement, rough pavement and even light duty work on good gravel roads and rail-trails.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply