Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Critique my bike fit - Feb 13, 2021 [CurrJam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drop your saddle 5 mm. It's still slightly high.
CurrJam wrote:
I only went on the trainer long enough to record the new video. My hip angle felt more open with less of a deadspot at the top than the latest "old" fit, but I'll have to go for a 30 min ride to see how it feels and to get a look at my power metrics.
Agreed on the need for a longer ride, but you can throw the power metrics out the window and you can ignore the initial "deadspot" feel. Those won't be informative as to whether the fit changes are an improvement.

You are almost always more powerful in the position you're accustomed to. But your body will (very) quickly adapt and you'll be able to enjoy the benefits (more open hip, better cockpit support and stability) without any detrimental impact to your ability to perform.

And also, power is not the measure of bike fit success. Speed is. Power is only one of the variables in that equation.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit - Feb 13, 2021 [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dropped the saddle height by 5mm. This current fit feels good! Haven’t done an actual ride yet other than for the video.

New

New (right) vs old (left)

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit - Feb 13, 2021 [CurrJam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks pretty good for a message board fit. Focus on your posture - drop your chest and relax your neck. And let us know how things go after a few rides.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: Critique my bike fit - Feb 13, 2021 [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It feels significantly better than my position in my initial post, and the best after all the adjustments - super happy with the current fit! I’ll post an update after a few rides. Thank you for all your help Trentnix!
Quote Reply

Prev Next