Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vision 55 SC Disc
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at a new road bike and the one I'm looking at comes with Vision 55 SC Disc Carbon TLR CL wheels? I am considering spending the extra money and purchasing some Zipp 404 wheels, but am wondering if these Vision wheels are any good.

Anyone have any opinions or experience with these wheels? Not sure if I'd be setting them up tubeless or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision 55 SC Disc [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No personal experience, but looking at both I don't think you really get anything extra from the zipps. Similar width, zipps are slightly heavier, probably similar aero performance. Seem like a really solid wheelset. Their wheels arent super common, but I can't remember anyone ever saying vision makes slow wheels either
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm happy with my Vision 55's. I've had them for over a year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run them on my road bike (bought last spring), very happy with them, stiff and easy to put tubeless on (GP5000 TL 28mm). On the heavier side and quite noisy though (compared to DT 1400 which is practically silent to me).

I eat bananas so I can go faster tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah the only thing you will gain with the zipps is bling factor. I'd stick with the Visions for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision 55 SC Disc [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You must be looking at a P-Series? I'm taking delivery of a Di2 spec'd P-Series shortly with the same wheels. I inquired about swapping to HED's but the shop owner strongly suggested I ride with the TC55's for a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Vision 55 SC Disc [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why did the shop owner strongly suggest that you ride the TC55 wheels for a bit?
Quote Reply
Re: Vision 55 SC Disc [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Why did the shop owner strongly suggest that you ride the TC55 wheels for a bit?

Just echoed the thoughts others have mentioned, they're a good wheelset and not worth replacing with a 60mm set from HED (which I was asking about). 25mm outer width isn't huge, but still wide enough to run 25's. Moving to a 60/80mm wheelset is probably another discussion though...
Quote Reply
Re: Vision 55 SC Disc [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

Not a name people here in every other thread? Must be bad....

Ride the Visions.

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: Vision 55 SC Disc [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was actually looking at the Orbea Orca Aero with SRAM ETap Force. Very nice bike for the money. And with MyO you can customize the look. I also have an Orbea Terra and love it. Along with my Cervelo P2 and Cervelo C3. So looking for an aero road bike for the stable.
Quote Reply