Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

kickr hardware issues?
Quote | Reply
sup folks,

kickr owner here. the damn thing's resistance has been going nuts recently whether it is connected to an app or not. as long as it is plugged in and I try and pedal it, the resistance changes about every 10 seconds in a sinusoidal pattern. when i do connect it to an app such as zwift or the wahoo fitness one, i can see that these resistance changes correspond with power/signal drops.

thus, i suspect that there is either an issue with the 1) wireless transmitter or 2) physical resistance unit within the machine since it does not need to be connected to an app for this problem to persist.

has anyone experienced this or know of what it could be? yes, i've done all the factory spindowns, updates, etc.....
Quote Reply
Re: kickr hardware issues? [johnj121591] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve experienced the exact same issues with my kickr lately. I belive mine is the first generation from around 2015. Problems started about 10 days ago, before that it worked very well. Now I’m using my Kurt Kinetic Roadmachine as the kickr is useless. Been trying both Zwift and the Wahoo app, power constantly goes up and down
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the power displayed by the kickr change when the resistance changes? Mine occasionally starts stepping up resistance but the displayed power stays steady.
Quote Reply
Re: kickr hardware issues? [pad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
interesting - mine started around 2 weeks ago and is also a kickr gen 1. have contacted support myself, plz keep me posted if you hear anything from them or discover a fix.
Quote Reply
Re: kickr hardware issues? [slowchi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The power displayed by my kickr seems to be correct, but it goes up and down. Rode a flat section on Zwift as steady as I could and power fluctuated around +-40watts and erg mode is the same. I also experience more dropouts and they were rare before my issuses started. Will report here if my problems are solved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you contact wahoo?
Quote Reply