Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: At-Home Hydration/Nutrition for an idiot [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. I don't believe I'll ever put menthol in my mouth again. :)

There are probably creams/swabs / other applications that are emerging in product form with scant research. I've not read the menthol-related research thoroughly.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: At-Home Hydration/Nutrition for an idiot [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr Alex, I’m seriously working toward being a sugar water groupie,….. lmbo ….. when talking about bonking and ‘don’t stop fueling’ …. I assume after training and racing the idea is to simply eat food … but after a 5-6 hr IM bike leg of the sugar water, are you suggesting the same level of sugar (errrrr. CHO intake) for the run, or are you perhaps suggesting just keep taking in CHO as best as you can tolerate for the duration of the run? (Which, is pretty much what I’ve always done with my other nutrition game plans…)…… love your vid’s btw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did a quick google search

There is a lot of different things gum, cough drops etc
Quote Reply
Re: At-Home Hydration/Nutrition for an idiot [deantrives] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The latter! Gut tolerance definitely drops a bit on the run. Max out what you can tolerate.

That said, there are some folks who can run at very high intensities and still fuel at very high rates. Play with it.

Anecdote: I just did a detailed consult with a 2:13 marathoner who increased his carbs from 99g/hr to a little over 100g/hr and PR'd by a minute doing it. No GI issues. (also tripled sodium intake)

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks…. That’s a precise calc, i think I’ll be more toward 5-9% margin…
Quote Reply

Prev Next