Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for a Transition Setback Seatpost
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a Specialized Transition setback seatpost. I have this one pictured, but am looking for a setback one. It doesn't necessarily need to be this same color to match the bike, but that would be a bonus! Please let me know if anyone has one that you're willing to sell. Thx.
Last edited by: sriv17: Feb 11, 21 12:11
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Transition Setback Seatpost [sriv17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you open to an exchange ? I'm in the same boat, and I'm currently scrambling to find a seatpost compatible with a 2008 Specialized Transition Pro that I bought from a private seller. My local fitter said that the existing seatpost was just not going to cut it, and was a dealbreaker unless I can find one at least 400mm, preferably 450mm. I'm definitely a newbie, and have been scouring ebay, pinkbike, etc. to see if I can find anything that is compatible, but it's looking like the pickings are fairly slim.

I'm looking for compatible seatposts (e.g., see attached) for this particular year/model that would work for taller cyclists (requiring a seatpost length in the 400mm - 450mm range). Red/black color scheme preferred.

P.S. I didn't see the image uploaded on the seatpost you're seeking to sell.
Last edited by: IronNinja: Feb 21, 21 9:04
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Transition Setback Seatpost [sriv17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sriv17 I sent you a PM awhile back. let me know

Ninja, I have what you are looking for, but not sure this is long enough. From the bottom of the seat post to the seat rails I measure about 38.5 cm. to the top of the post is 39.5. keep in mind, all used seatposts will be cut down (usually by a lot) based on the layout of that frame. Send me a PM if interested.

For either of you, the cost of shipping is all I'm expecting.

I also have two seatpost shims. I can include one if you would like as are those are impossible to find.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Transition Setback Seatpost [sweathog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@sweathog: Sounds like your seatpost may not work out for me. However, I think I've come across what one of the possible uses of a shim is for (to extend the length of a seatpost somewhat artificially), and with mixed reviews. Was that also your thinking ?
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Transition Setback Seatpost [IronNinja] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a Transition and I think I still have an extra seat post. Let me know if you need me to look for it.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for a Transition Setback Seatpost [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@jpay Thank you, that would be great !
Quote Reply